Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Expansion Team Selection

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Expansion Team Selection

Keller and Barrie.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It’s Mantha and Hronek for me...just need Mantha to stay healthy.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Looks like "Not Dobson" is a right answer at this point.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thank you everyone for your help!! It definitely is a mixed bag though.

Next up on the debate list for forwards is Duchene ($10M), Gusev ($5.0M), Iafallo ($2.5M) or Labanc ($1.0M) for one spot. Or would you take Hague over any forward?

Again, no chance at winning for a few years and this is a cap league with 13 teams total. Duchene was just traded and left exposed.

Right off: not Duchene. He's pretty much a must avoid in cap leagues, unless the categories are perfect for him, and he's still not a guy to seek out. He was simply salary ballast in that deal, it was the other assets that the guy wanted. He won't be doubling up Gusev, quadrupling up Iafallo, etc. He didn't even out produce Gusev straight up, and beat Iafallo by a couple points.

If these are actual salaries: Gusev will be $4M next year, Iafallo is $2.5, and Labanc is a RFA. Hague is on an ELC.

Gusev or Labanc may score enough to get a Hague type in a future trade, but I'm pretty sure Iafallo won't. I would likely take Hague, or take a chance on Labanc. You'd be taking Gusev to flip him at the deadline, if things work out.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

How do the salaries work? Do we have to wait and see Labanc's deal? I lean Gusev unless you still get Labanc at $1M next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Salaries are actual salary, a year behind. So for the next two years you have Gusev, 28, $5M, $4M (but UFA the 2nd year), and Labanc, 24, $1M, RFA amount.

Give me Labanc then.