Thread: Hischier Next Season

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Hischier Next Season

How is everyone feeling about Hischier's future production (G,A,PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, Takeaways, FOW) ? He showed some flashes this season but he is getting a hefty raise beginning next season. I am in a really tough cap situation and Nico may have to be dropped (if a trade cannot be made).
    Guys like Tavares or Panarin would have to be the casualty otherwise.
    Any predictions or thoughts are appreciated!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Hischier Next Season

Continued improvement as he ages toward his prime seems to be the likeliest outcome. How is it that your only choices are cutting one of Hischier, Tavares, or Panarin? There has to be some other way.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Hischier and his upside but I can appreciate your concern. That new contract is heavy considering the production to this point.

It would help if we knew your full roster and your league setup as far as positions go. Do positions even matter?

- - - Updated - - -

I like Hischier and his upside but I can appreciate your concern. That new contract is heavy considering the production to this point.

It would help if we knew your full roster and your league setup as far as positions go. Do positions even matter?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ya sorry, had trouble exporting roster to here. Here it is:
    C: N Hischier, J Tavares, L Wallmark, L Draisaitl
    Lw:B Marchand, A Panarin ,J Gaudreau ,J Hughes ,R Donato, M Granlund
    RW: I Kovalchuk, D Pastrnak, C Perry, M Stone, V Tarasenko
    D:H Fleury, S Girard, M Heiskanen, Q Hughes , J Slavin, M Stone
    G: Hellebuyck, Stalock

So, a little more info. I have inherited a team that is conveniently 22+million over the cap. You can only drop players who are in their final year of the contract that YOU have signed them to. You also have two "Free Buyouts" at the beginning of each season. There are a handful of players that are finishing the final season of their contracts on my team (Hischier, Kovy, Panarin, Gaudreau, Marchand, Tank, Perry, Girard, Heiskanen, Slavin, Stone (D)

There are the obvious players that I do not want to drop outright (Panarin, Marchand, Gaudreau, Tank, Heisk) so my options are starting to dwindle. If I drop everyone else on the above list I am on the cusp of eliminating that 22mil (I may have forgot a name or two but they would be insignificant pieces.

I do not particularly want to lose Hischier, but the numbers may force me to make a very difficult drop. I am of course floating his name out there as trade bait as I feel he may garner some interest due to pedigree and upside.

Unless I can find a suitable deal for one of my large contracts or potentially take a cap penalty on a guy like JT, I feel as though Hischier could be a casualty.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Is anyone on your roster eligible to be a free buyout, or are they restricted somehow?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Free Buyouts can be used on any player so long as they happen before the start of next season.

Dobber Sports Deity

The sad part is every GM in this league knows you are in cap hell and won't pay fair market value for any of your guys. I know I wouldn't

That being said, at this point, I think I'd put any of my players on the block and see what you can get for offers. It would be better than dropping key players for nothing. Do you have to make a decision right away as far as your buyouts go or do you have time to shop them around your league?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

You are right Axe, zero reasonable offers coming my way right now. They are all for Pastrnak and Marchand as well so there hasn't been any negotiations with any sort of momentum yet. Nature of the beast though. I knew what I was getting into so it is not unexpected. Just trying to cover all possible scenarios.

Yes I do have time so am currently sending and receiving offers constantly. I have only owned this team for a few days so still getting a feel for things.

One of the players on this roster that I am having the hardest time evaluating is Hischier, so that is why I focused on him for this post.

Appreciate all the feedback! Definitely one the more difficult fantasy situations I have ever encountered!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd figure out who is one of the most marquee names you have that isn't expiring - and offer them around, maybe it's Tavares. You can tell folks, "He's going to be a free buyout unless I get an offer I like." If you get no offers, you buy him out. Make sure it's somebody whose cap hit you wouldn't mind dumping, which is why I think it's him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hischier is entering his 4th year which is - as often stated on this site - right around the time where it's most likely that a guy breaks out (except big power fwds or very small guys). So there's no guarantee, but given his talent and situation, Hischier is a pretty good bet to make a big step forward.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd figure out who is one of the most marquee names you have that isn't expiring - and offer them around, maybe it's Tavares. You can tell folks, "He's going to be a free buyout unless I get an offer I like." If you get no offers, you buy him out. Make sure it's somebody whose cap hit you wouldn't mind dumping, which is why I think it's him.
    Thats a good idea.

If Pastrnak isn't someone you plan on buying out, then try not to shop him as heavy.