Thread: Would You Trade Any of These Guys for 1st or 2nd Overall in 2020?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Would You Trade Any of These Guys for 1st or 2nd Overall in 2020?

I've got a big ol' mancrush on Byfield and Lafreniere. This is for a dynasty league with an identical set up to the one in my signature. Of the following players (all from my roster), are there any you would trade straight up for the 1st or 2nd overall pick in this year's draft (i.e. Lafreniere or Byfield)?

1. Pettersson
    2. A. Svechnikov
    3. Huberdeau
    4. Marner
    5. Aho

Also, if you own the 1st or 2nd overall pick in your dynasty league, are there any players from the above list you'd take 1 for 1 in exchange for it?

TIA, I'll rep anyone who provides a thoughtful answer.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Would You Trade Any of These Guys for 1st or 2nd Overall in 2020?

I'd consider huberdeau. I think you can even ask for a small add, but that core is all.in the 20-23 range and hubs is 27 I think. I think laffy is going to be just like hubs as a player, maybe a little higher ceiling, but I would use hubs as a baseline comparable for him, stats wise. If your team is a top contender, maybe it wouldn't make sense but 1-1 I would probably do it.

On the flip side, I think I'd trade byfield for all.of them head up and laffy for marner and probably svech. Petterason I'd day is a coin flip

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally, I would keep all those guys before I'd deal them for the 1st or 2nd.

You know what you have with every one of those guys and I think I'm confident when I say they haven't reached their prime years yet. Sure, both Lafreniere and Byfield are sexy prospects but I'd rather have the sure thing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Unless your league awards points mainly based on the youngest age of players, I'd stick with what you have.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Reason argueably speaks against such a move. Why give a star to acquire a POTENTIAL star?

This said, it's all a question if your priorities. If you like to swing for the fences and aren't too hard on yourself if you miss and you consider the upside of Lexi and Quinton to be bigger than the one of one of the players you already own, you might as well make this trade. In this case I'd agree with what was said above that Huberdeau should be the one you send. He is underrated and probably not worse than e.g. Marner, but he simply holds less name value than the other guys. So sending him is the best asset management imo.

And finally, if you really have a man crush on these guys and want this to really be "your" team, you probably even owe it to yourself to make the deal.
    So again, it's your priorities that matter. For a cold business like decision: keep your guys. For a fun swing at the fences that might fall a tad short, but lands your your man crush(es): go for it.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

All are no brainers to me Except huberdeau, And that’s only depending on your teams age/window. You g established producers. I’m 2nd pick in my league and I’d take any of them straight up in a heartbeat

Dobber Sports Pro

You should not trade any of these players for those picks. Trading a sure thing for a maybe often doesn't work out.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Star

Keep what you have. Huberdeau's name was the only one that stuck out to me as a possibility. But if Lafreniere/Byfield's near best result is to become what Huberdeau already is, better to remove the risk from the equation and go with the proven commodity. Gaining Lafreniere's age 19-26 seasons is tempting. But you'd have to receive more than just Lafreniere for Huberdeau, to make up for the risk and for the production lost in waiting for Lafreniere to fully develop. Jack Hughes will probably be great. But if you traded for him a year ago hoping he would contribute to your 2019-2020 team, you gambled and lost a year. You need to receive more than just a #1 or #2 pick for any of those five you mentioned.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd rank the options from maybe it can work out (Huberdeau) to crazy and likely stupid ( the rest).

I'd take any of them for the #1, unless I was rebuilding a brutal team, and then I'd want more than Huberdeau, because his name value isn't good.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

every year the first overall is always the hot topic. I made that mistake last year and traded an already established star for Jack Hughes. Just make sure you know that taking the 1st overall pick means they will produce in year 3-4 only (exception are McDavid, Crosby, etc). Those guys only happen once a decade, and i don't think Lafreniere is one that will produce right off the bat. Expect 55-60 pts tops

If you really want the shiny new toy in fantasy, i'd do it for Huberdeau. And there if you are to gamble i'd just take Byfield too instead of Laffy. Fantasy wise if your league counts hits, PIMS, SOG, etc, Byfield may become that monster player.
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Pro

Avoid the "shiny new toy" hype. I learned that from Jack Hughes last year, haha.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If anyone offered me any of the above for my 1st, and I have it in 2 leagues, I’d take it in a heartbeat. You’re already getting a guy who is a PPG talent for unproven kid. With the exception of Hubs, I’m surprised you wouldn’t have to have a small add, TBH.

Dobber Sports Superstar

nope

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Much like everyone else, I wouldn’t trade any of those players for 1st/2nd OA. Hubs would be the one I would consider if you must do it, but I would advise against it unless somehow Edmonton wins 1st OA (dear lordy, please don’t let that happen) and Laffy plays with McJesus....then look out