Thread: Lassi Thomson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Lassi Thomson

I picked him last year. He's 19y/o and he's been draft quite early (19th, by OTT)

I thought he was in a good spot.

He doesnt even figure on the top50 D prospects. https://dobberhockey.com/2020/04/14/...en-april-2020/

Is he even worth keeping? It would be a free keep/prospect kind of thing but even then...

My league's points only btw. TY!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Lassi Thomson

In a 12 team, keep 15, I don't think that he will be worth much, at least unless something changes. Chabot and Brannstrom are certainly ahead of him with respect to point producing capability. And if Ottawa picks Drysdale, then Thomson will be farther behind. Right now, his best bet appears to be a 2nd power play option in 3-5 years.

For better analysis, check out his dobberprospects page

https://dobberprospects.com/player/lassi-thomson/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

https://dobberprospects.com/team/ottawa-senators/

If he isn’t on your fantasy radar yet, he should be. Look to stash him in your prospect pool if you can or as a late-round pick if he makes the Senators roster next season as his booming shot and offensive game could make him a producer early in his NHL tenure.
    Tony Ferrari
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

If you're not forced to drop him, I'd hold. We all know D take longer to develop vs forwards and he's playing pro hockey in the top league in Finland vs men. He's doing what he's supposed to do; develop.

Relax and be patient.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're not forced to drop him, I'd hold. We all know D take longer to develop vs forwards and he's playing pro hockey in the top league in Finland vs men. He's doing what he's supposed to do; develop.

Relax and be patient.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am a believer, I just traded to get him.

Most will tell you that with Chabot and Brannstrom, he will not have opportunity, no room for him to be a top producer. They are not wrong by saying that...

But so many times I've been burned by turning away from prospects because I was focusing way too much on team opportunity instead of the quality of the player himself. Good players make their way to the top. If they are that good, the team will find a way to make room for them or a trade will happen because you don't want to waste an asset. So now I go for them, even more because often their value to acquire them is lower because of that lower team opportunity.

All that said, it needs to be a dynasty with minors. In a keeper with no minor, I don't see the point to get a player like that who is 2-4 years away to be fantasy relevant.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree that one way or the other, Thomson will be a long term project, 2 - 4 years sounds about right. The big question is, if all goes well, what do we have once Lassi arrives? I just don't see him as being elite, his offensive game is not at the level of the crop of young Swedish Defenders that are starting to make their mark in the league right now. I'd expect PP2 with 35 points, give or take a few one way or the other. A top 4 defender but unlikely to be top pairing anytime soon if at all. If the stars aligned, he could hit 50, but that's a long long way down the road I think and far from a given. A very serviceable defender, but not a must own in a pts only. No harm in stashing him away but I'd be looking for better options.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Legend

Thomson has tons of skill, but we'll need to see how things shake out in Ottawa long-term. Chabot and Brannstrom are for sure ahead of him. Also, could the Sens draft Drysdale at 5? Sure, I guess. But I think they should just go all in and draft Askarov and secure their version of Vasilevskiy/Shesterkin. Personally, I think the Sens value Thomson quite a bit and think he could be part of a formidably Top-3D. Predicting what Thomson will score in 2-5 years is nearly impossible, if we're being honest. He has "40-55 point talent" but situation and deliverables will play a huge part in his success. I don't think he's a bad keeper for now.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka