Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Make this deal?

20 team Dynasty league

G, A, PTS, Pim, PPP, SHP, GWG, Shots, Hits, Blocks

My ROR for his Kaprizov

Will Kaprizov live up to the hype?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Make this deal?

I do not like this deal. You are taking a solid, known asset that produces in the NHL in ROR for a player in Kaprizov, that while has extreme upside, also has extreme doubt. Doubt as to when(if) he comes over to play as well as the fact he has not played a single NHL game. I seriously doubt when he does come in the league that he produces like ROR right off the bat. In several years, maybe. A lot depends on your team and how far off you are from winning. If close, then definitely not. If in a full blown rebuild, maybe more so I think about accepting. I still think you need to get another tangible NHL asset with it though. Even maybe doing a draft pick/prospect trade in there.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

No. I wouldn't move O'Reilly for Karpizov straight across...Blackhawks fan has outline the major reasons Proven vs maybe never comes to North American.

If you are coming of 4 straight Championships and have a core of Crosby, Ovechkin, O'Reilly and a bunch of older guys and are starting to rebuild, then the league owes you nothing cause you have several championships... then maybe I would do it just for fun and try to get another solid dynasty. But If i make this move I am also trading Ovechkin + to get Lafreniere and Crosby + to get Autu Raty and going all in on building the young dynasty.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

I'd only make this deal if it was part of a 10 year rebuilding plan. Because in 10 years, ROR won't be worth very much.

Dobber Sports Deity

Give me ROR
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the input all! I will stick with ROR here. Most of my studs are around mid-20’s with Stamkos and ROR being my “older” players.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's hard to say really without a cristall ball. It probably boils down to the question of how much risk you're willing to take. To be on the safe side keep ROR for sure. If you want to swing for the fences, take Kaprizov. I don't think you'd absolutely kick yourself for the latter and there's a possibility (not more, not less) that Kaprizov will be way more valueable than ROR rather soonish.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...