Thread: Unsigned draft picks

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Unsigned draft picks

May have misread the article from the Athletic a few days back, but looks like July 1 is the deadline for teams to sign draft picks. I know the NHL doesn't want to budge on their stance of having players signed now not playing until next season, but how firm do you guys think the PA is on letting them play in the play-in/playoffs? Mostly asking because I own both Kaprizov and Sorokin haha!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Unsigned draft picks

I think pro sports leagues are often too stupid to get out of its own way.

You just came up with a special playoff format, and lottery format, because shit went crazy. There's no reason, you can't give teams until 7 days after either the Stanley Cup is awarded or the playoffs are cancelled to get players still unsigned under contract.

I can't speak to how firm the Player's Association will be, but it's a matter of timing. As a league, you tell teams they have a deadline, but when a world crisis gets in the way, you are flexible with some things, and not others that are interrelated? That makes little sense.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.