Thread: Unsigned draft picks

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Unsigned draft picks

May have misread the article from the Athletic a few days back, but looks like July 1 is the deadline for teams to sign draft picks. I know the NHL doesn't want to budge on their stance of having players signed now not playing until next season, but how firm do you guys think the PA is on letting them play in the play-in/playoffs? Mostly asking because I own both Kaprizov and Sorokin haha!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No positional requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies get 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 5 year protection. No limit. Must be called up or dropped after. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted players go on waivers.

Skaters:
    Athanasiou, Barre-Boulet, Texier, M.Backlund, Mangiapane, Bemstrom, Suter, Zacha, Kaprizov, Yandle, Batherson, Donato, Fabbri, Terry, Athanasiou, Tuch, Dugan, White.
    Goalies:
    Shestyorkin, Demko, Sorokin.
    Minors: Liljegren, Jenik, Beaucage, Nikkanen, Konovalov, Tieksola, Beckman, Kyrou.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Unsigned draft picks

I think pro sports leagues are often too stupid to get out of its own way.

You just came up with a special playoff format, and lottery format, because shit went crazy. There's no reason, you can't give teams until 7 days after either the Stanley Cup is awarded or the playoffs are cancelled to get players still unsigned under contract.

I can't speak to how firm the Player's Association will be, but it's a matter of timing. As a league, you tell teams they have a deadline, but when a world crisis gets in the way, you are flexible with some things, and not others that are interrelated? That makes little sense.
    10 team Head-to-head true dynasty. Roster 33, draft 2, cut down before season. Start 1 G, 1 backup G, 6 D, 12 F arranged in 4 lines of 3. Only categories that matter are Goals, Assists, Save% with a shutout bonus. Having NHL teammates helps.

G: Bobrovsky
    Backup G: F Andersen
    D: Ekblad, Yandle, Carlson, DeAngelo, Letang, Makar
    F1: Couturier, Giroux, Voracek
    F2: Schiefele, Wheeler, MacKinnon
    F3: Stamkos, Point, JT Miller
    F4: Bertuzzi, Tavares, Seguin

Bench:
    G:
    D: Barrie, M Reilly, Heiskanen, Klingberg, Morissey, Weegar
    F: Bailey, Benn, Guentzel, Johnsson, Labanc, Mikheyev, Necas
    Reserve: Datsyuk