Thread: Elvis for Picks

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Elvis for Picks

Just looking for some advice on if I should trade Elvis or not.

One guy wants a goalie, and is offering me his 2021 1st (probably 10-15 overall) and 2nd round (Between 30 and 35) picks for my Merzlinkins. There aren't any players on his team that really fit in my rebuild.

Just wondering peoples thoughts on this. I do have a good amount of young goalies. Thanks!
    20 Team Dynasty H2H Multi-Cat league 32 + 12 minor spots - (4 C. 4 RW. 4 LW, 6 D. 1 G) - After 3 year rebuild, competing

C: McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Dowd, Frost,

LW: Kaprizov, Stutzle, Boldy, Marchenko, Paul, Deslauriers

RW: Marner, Rantanen, Tolvanen, Bemstrom, O'Connor, Gurianov

D: Heiskanen, Boqvist, Provorov, Fabbro, Dillon, Jokiharju, Liljegren, Marino, Mayfield, Moser, Smith

G: Oettinger, Forsberg, Merzlikins, Mrazek

Minors: Beecher, Heponiemi, Kulich, L'Heureux, Bellows, Kaut, Lind, Bichsel, Cuelemans, Mateychuk, Samberg, Ingram

2023 Draft Picks: 41st and 59th overall
    2024 Draft Picks: 1 - 1st round (1-20) and 1 - 3rd round (40-60)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Elvis for Picks

I'd rather have actual skaters than picks. More of a guarantee. Who cares if they fit your rebuild or not. Maybe the players you got for Elvis could be flipped for players who fit your rebuild. I find it hard to believe he doesn't have viable skaters to help your team though but thats me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd rather have actual skaters than picks. More of a guarantee. Who cares if they fit your rebuild or not. Maybe the players you got for Elvis could be flipped for players who fit your rebuild. I find it hard to believe he doesn't have viable skaters to help your team though but thats me.
    This. If he doesn't have viable skaters, he's likely worse than you are, and then how is he picking 10th-15th overall?

Sounds like you are aiming way too young for your rebuild.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    This. If he doesn't have viable skaters, he's likely worse than you are, and then how is he picking 10th-15th overall?

Sounds like you are aiming way too young for your rebuild.

The average team age for his team is 28. Most of his guys are 25+, and the minor league players I wouldn't feel comfortable dropping another one of my guys for. I already have to drop a couple with my draft picks coming up.

He does have guys like Zach Sanford or Alex Iafallo, and he's upped the offer to both a 2021 and a 2022 1st.

Thanks for the advice!
    20 Team Dynasty H2H Multi-Cat league 32 + 12 minor spots - (4 C. 4 RW. 4 LW, 6 D. 1 G) - After 3 year rebuild, competing

D: Heiskanen, Boqvist, Provorov, Fabbro, Dillon, Jokiharju, Liljegren, Marino, Mayfield, Moser, Smith

Minors: Beecher, Heponiemi, Kulich, L'Heureux, Bellows, Kaut, Lind, Bichsel, Cuelemans, Mateychuk, Samberg, Ingram

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Gotenks View Post
    The average team age for his team is 28. Most of his guys are 25+, and the minor league players I wouldn't feel comfortable dropping another one of my guys for. I already have to drop a couple with my draft picks coming up.

He does have guys like Zach Sanford or Alex Iafallo, and he's upped the offer to both a 2021 and a 2022 1st.

Thanks for the advice!
    I still wouldn't trade a starting goalie for two mid-round 1st picks. Especially considering you already have 3 picks in the top 11 this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe don't trade Elvis to this GM and find someone else to deal him to who has better options for you to choose.

From the sounds of it, you're better off keeping him instead of trading him for less than fair market value just to try and make a trade work.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yeah, I agree with the others, mostly. Either you need to be okay with a good 25 year old coming back in return, or you need to find a different GM to deal with.

Sanford & Iafallo don't interest me enough for Elvis, even together, need to aim higher for sure.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks guys,

The other team ended up moving those 2 first round picks for Matt Murray.