Thread: Patriots sign Newton

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Patriots sign Newton

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.espn...3fplatform=amp

I am a huge Newton fan. When I started watching football it was Newton’s rookie year and I got him in my first NFL fantasy draft.

now he is with the patriots, makes for a tough situation for a fan of Newton but a anti-fan of the Pats
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Patriots sign Newton

I expected the Pats to sign one of Newton or Winston. Considering the injury history, I am surprised they went with Newton.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Weird to have 2 different QBs, lots of confidence in the coaching staff to develop 2 different schemes.

Honestly though, round of applause to the Pats PR team though. Signs Newton minutes before the penalty to observing the Bengals game comes out. No one is talking about the penalty
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Weird to have 2 different QBs, lots of confidence in the coaching staff to develop 2 different schemes.

Honestly though, round of applause to the Pats PR team though. Signs Newton minutes before the penalty to observing the Bengals game comes out. No one is talking about the penalty
    Yes, that was great timing. I didn't even see the penalty until you mentioned it and then went looking for it.

I had a feeling that the Pats would sign Newton or Dalton. It would have been even more ironic if they announced the signing of Dalton at the same time as the penalty for video-taping the Bengals.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes, that was great timing. I didn't even see the penalty until you mentioned it and then went looking for it.

I had a feeling that the Pats would sign Newton or Dalton. It would have been even more ironic if they announced the signing of Dalton at the same time as the penalty for video-taping the Bengals.
    Creating a stir to manipulate the news cycle! I wonder where the Patriot's learned this from?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

Quite a tasty fine too. $1.1M, loss of a 3rd round pick and they can't film anything this season. With TB12 gone, they just lost one of their main cheating weapons if they cant film anything and will need all the help they can get. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Quite a tasty fine too. $1.1M, loss of a 3rd round pick and they can't film anything this season. With TB12 gone, they just lost one of their main cheating weapons if they cant film anything and will need all the help they can get. LOL!
    The film crew that's not allowed is a film crew that does like documentaries.

They were allowed to film the press boxes at the Bengals game (given permission) to show what scouts do and they were, then whoever was in charge wanted to get an angle of what something meant from the box to the guy who was listening to the scout in the box. So it's the film crew, not the scouting crew that can't film anymore. They still can get film from other peoples games.

Pretty heavy penalty for what is claimed (key word is claimed) to have happened. But they can still get game film legally.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cam-newton-...-about-respect

It's not a lot of things MONEY cannot buy, BUT amongst the top of that list of things, you would find RESPECT as one of those!!" Newton wrote on Instagram hours after his contract details -- in which New England is guaranteed to pay him just $550,000 -- became public. "THIS IS NOT ABOUT MONEY FOR ME; it's about RESPECT."

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Stidham makes more than Newton's base salary.

RG3 is making 2mill this yr...The fact he signed for that makes me think teams just didn't want the distraction of Newton on the team. Personality and talent level. Talent level as in, teams like the Skins or Jags have "their" guys and don't want a better talent coming in to have fans yelling for Newton once their guy throws a pick.

I've grown on Newton, but man I don't think I could deal with those post game interview tantrums he's done. However Bill might just scare him straight and quite the Frills Newton shows.