Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2020 1 Per Team Pool - Discussion

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: NHL Playoffs 2020 1 Per Team Pool - Discussion

sent pmorrow a long enough list for my next 2 picks . good luck tonight fellas ; save me some good players !

Dobber Sports Master

list sent for monday night

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

newfcollins - I hope your pick ends up being the best pick of this draft!!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    newfcollins - I hope your pick ends up being the best pick of this draft!!
    I hope all my picks are the best of the draft. lol

As for the Habs goalie, my thinking is that if Montreal does upset Pittsburgh and gets anywhere in the playoffs, it will all be on Price.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I hope all my picks are the best of the draft. lol

As for the Habs goalie, my thinking is that if Montreal does upset Pittsburgh and gets anywhere in the playoffs, it will all be on Price.
    I hope that Price gets 3 straight shutouts against the Penguins!

And I agree with you. I had Montreal Goalies at the top of my Canadiens list.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I hope that Price gets 3 straight shutouts against the Penguins!

And I agree with you. I had Montreal Goalies at the top of my Canadiens list.
    I have Kirk Muller at the top of my list.. Shows how much confidence I have in them beating Sid!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

EB: "Steal of the draft - Robert Thomas - Blues"

If this is true brother, then what is Alex Pietrangelo drafted 7 picks later?? HaHa!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    EB: "Steal of the draft - Robert Thomas - Blues"

If this is true brother, then what is Alex Pietrangelo drafted 7 picks later?? HaHa!!
    A defenceman that isn't necessarily on the top PP unit and will be taking a lot of the defensive responsibilities

- - - Updated - - -

And wow, was debating between a VGK forward and a Dallas forward. I go with the Dallas guy and then all the VGK guys go.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

sent a morning list to pmorrow for next pick

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    A defenceman that isn't necessarily on the top PP unit and will be taking a lot of the defensive responsibilities
    Don't get me wrong, I like Robert Thomas. But Pietrangelo actually leads the Blues in PP ice time per game my friend.. But now watch, Robert Thomas is going to have a Johan Franzen like playoffs!! HaHa

Don't get me wrong, I like Robert Thomas. But Pietrangelo actually leads the Blues in PP ice time per game my friend.. But now watch, Robert Thomas is going to have a Johan Franzen like playoffs!! HaHa
    Fernando Pisani!!!

And Pietrangelo was top 3 in scoring for the Blues last year in playoffs. He can do it all!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

It could come back to bite me with AP instead, but I have that feeling from Thomas...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Monster

PH and I were discussing a "Covid contingency plan" if there are some players who drop out before things start due to covid or any other reason like that (not wanting to be in the bubble for that long, underlying health concerns, even injury etc).

Since this wasn't decided before the draft, we would only do this if we got unanimous support. If you don't want to do this but also don't want to make a public fuss, just PM me to let me know you aren't in favour.

Here's how it would work:
    First, we only do this after the main draft is completed - if you have a guy drop out before the draft is done you have to wait to replace him. We need to pick a hard date for this - some time a bit before August 1 which is the presumptive first day of play.
    We set a deadline for submitting picks you want to be replaced and thus included in the draft order. This is mainly for covid, but due to the ambiguity we will let people submit picks they would like to replace for other reasons like injury/team forces them not to play/suspension due to breaking bubble rules - any reason other than 'I just want to repick'.
    Then, the draft order is the picks people want replaced, in the order they were made. So if I lose a guy in round 4, PH loses one in 6, Zorro in 21, and PH again in round 23, then the draft order is: 1. Pmorrow, 2. PH, 3. Zorro, 4. PH. You can ONLY pick a player from the team you originally selected from who was NOT taken in the original draft.
    Realistically, we are talking about pretty insignificant players. So if PH loses, say, a Jack Eichel type, he's probably replacing him with Jimmy Vesey.

I wouldn't normally suggest a contingency plan like this but with there being so much unknown around this next few weeks, I wanted to see if people wanted a backup plan in place. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to this.

Note: if all of the players in the redraft are on different teams, we don't need to do an actual draft, we can just have everyone submit their replacement players.

TL;DR: Because some players may drop out or be forced out of the playoffs (before its starts) due to covid/other reasons, we could consider doing a mini redraft for those lost players. It would take place after the main draft is complete, and you could only select another player from the same team. The draft order would be in order of the picks being replaced. Let us know if you'd be cool with this or not

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

^I like it and I'm on board with it as outlined there.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yep, I think it’s a fair contingency plan.