Thread: Help ! Connor and Boeser for Marner

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Help ! Connor and Boeser for Marner

Marner and is contract really fits my team. I have build around him and McD for 2years now. It's a pts only League. Keep All. I also Have 4 first round pick that I need to make room for.
    Roster 12 Forwards 6 D and 2 Goalies. Also have 2 spares ALL Keepers, Pts only.

Cap follows NHL and we go by total Salary.

Second Rebuilding year.

Forward: McDavid 15m, Mathews 16m, Marner 16m, Rantanen 12m, Aho 12m, Barzal ?m. and 6 ELC Rookies: J.Hughes, Dach, Frost, Zegras, Turcotte, Caufield.

On Def I got: Sergachev ?m, McAvoy 4m and 4 ELC Rookies Q.Hughes, Boqvist, T.Smith and Seider. Goalie: Empty , Demko.

In Spares I have . Tavares 16m and Andreas Johnsson 5m

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Help ! Connor and Boeser for Marner

In a cap league, I would DEFINITELY trade Marner for Connor and Boeser.

In fact, I would definitely trade him for just Connor.

Given the cap implications, I would trade him for just Boeser, push come to shove, if it was something like that or dropping someone significant for nothing.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd pull the trigger on this before the other guy changes his mind.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Marner in 2yrs and a ELC player = Less $ then Connor and Boeser. They say not to trade 2 good players for one better. I would have to drop someone for Beoser witch I can but then I have 4 first round pick that I need to make room for. I need to do a 2 for 1 trade I can't be taking 2for ones.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So you really can't do this deal in the first place. You need to cut/trade Johnsson and 3 of your ELC's or other players as it is.

Is this strategy doing well in the league, or not?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ohhhhh my cap leagues!! $16 million for Marner, wowza..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I am the first one to use this strategy. Most gms just go after average players with average production and average salary other then ( the aviousy deals around the NHL like MacK, Barkov ect.) They are all taken and not moving. I got all these huge contract for cheap I got McD for Zadina,Chytl and Mantha. But all these big contract are front loaded so... Next year my top 5 BIG contract will cost me 58m but the year after 47m and then 40 but at this point my nice Elc will be up. Hopefully the upcomming season is my last rebuilding one.

Second Rebuilding year.

Forward: McDavid 15m, Mathews 16m, Marner 16m, Rantanen 12m, Aho 12m, Barzal ?m. and 6 ELC Rookies: J.Hughes, Dach, Frost, Zegras, Turcotte, Caufield.

On Def I got: Sergachev ?m, McAvoy 4m and 4 ELC Rookies Q.Hughes, Boqvist, T.Smith and Seider. Goalie: Empty , Demko.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah a agree. I would need 160pts from him to be a good pick. But like I mention in the previous post, in 2 yrs his Salary will be down to 8m and all the sudden 80pts is a lot more interesting. Then add 1 of My 1m dollar Player and your getting about same production then Connor and Boeser for just about 2m more then Boeser Salary.

Second Rebuilding year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Okay, looking at this again, using Cap Friendly, I'm convinced Tavares needs to go. He's too expensive for what he brings to the table, and he's your 4th Leaf, assuming you keep Johnsson. You can't build around 5 BIG contracts, as you call them, and then have another in your bench. That's 1 open spot.

However, you also need to fit in 4 new picks, or to trade those picks or your recent picks for future picks. So, you need to clear more roster spots. YO simply have too many picks & prospects right now to make this work, so you need to sacrifice some of those guys. The problem is, will you be doing this again next year, if you deal them for picks?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I did say no to the trade for this reason. I do want to trade Tavares, Johnsson and even McAvoy. If I cant get it done I will have to drop them. There also Sorokin I would like to pick up but dont know witch Goalie to drop. If I dont drop a Goalie I can put him in spares and go with 3 goalie. Thanks for everyone for the replies.

Second Rebuilding year.