Thread: FOW and FO%

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default FOW and FO%

20tm multicat salary keeper league in signature.

This offseason a rule change was voted on and implemented. We had FO% only before as a category, weighted as 1.

Now, we have FO% and FOW. They are weighted at 0.5 each.

My team will now most definitely be weak at FOW. The only true NHL centers I have are Monahan and Trocheck. The only other two roster players who may contribute are Geekie and Hayton but I am not thinking they add a lot.

So, my question is, do i target another true center to help? Or, is that just one of those categories you sorta of "write off" and try to improve via the draft and/or Free Agency instead of trade.

Most NHL players that contribute to FOW substantially are taken and would be costly to acquire.

The FA available are:

Zajac
    Stepan
    Bonino
    Koivu
    Sheahan
    Beagle
    Ryan
    Cizikas
    Carter
    Bellemare

These are either underwhelming in every other category, or very expensive for what they provide. Cap does become a consideration as well.

Opinions?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: FOW and FO%

Changes like this in a keeper league I always feel should only be implemented for the upcoming season if they are in 100% vote with everyone in agreement.

If it is a majority vote I feel like these changes should be made one year out. Thus giving managers a full season, a trade deadline and one full offseason to accommodate the changes for their team.

However it looks like the decision has already been made..and you will just have to deal with this punch. Obviously lots of the other owners have the top FO guys and wanted to five their teams an advantage.

Koivu I would suggest is a decent option to bounce back...but his age and salary are major hindrances.

Zajac takes a lot of faceoffs, but this duty will likely diminish and Hughes and Hischier get more accustomed to the NHL.

I think you might be best to take the cheapest option salary wise and use the remaining salary to aim for other stats and then hopefully be leading in other categories enough to make a swap somewhere.

But like you mentioned, those with FOW centres just got a whole lot more expensive.

Administrator

Don't overreact. Just take FOW and FO% into consideration in your future decisions. Last thing you want to do is cripple your cap and other categories just to get a FOW boost.

As for the centers you listed, the real question is who do you drop to acquire them?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Don't overreact. Just take FOW and FO% into consideration in your future decisions. Last thing you want to do is cripple your cap and other categories just to get a FOW boost.

As for the centers you listed, the real question is who do you drop to acquire them?
    I have a few options, or "cap hogs" at the moment. Also have some roster spots i can free up by sending someone to the minors.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Changes like this in a keeper league I always feel should only be implemented for the upcoming season if they are in 100% vote with everyone in agreement.

If it is a majority vote I feel like these changes should be made one year out. Thus giving managers a full season, a trade deadline and one full offseason to accommodate the changes for their team.
    I do like this idea, and will mention it for upcoming changes.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    I have a few options, or "cap hogs" at the moment. Also have some roster spots i can free up by sending someone to the minors.
    Seems like you have a lot of flexibility here. Just manage your team in terms of what is best for your franchise and not what is best to rise the faceoff ranking. It's very possible some of those centers can make your team better.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust