Thread: Go through with this?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Go through with this?

Hey guys so I made a post last week on a deal similar to this. Here is the deal i'm all but set to take for Draisaitl.

I Get:
    Guentzel
    Tarasenko
    Rantanen
    Kessel
    Schneider

He gets:
    Draisaitl
    Couture
    Kassian
    Subban
    De Haan.

First offer, good return for Draisaitl? And secondly, who should be my buyout be now? We can buyout (cut) one player over 5 million. Thanks for the feedback in advance!
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Go through with this?

I'd hate to give up on Draisaitl but you do get 3 quality players in Guentzel, Tarasenko and Rantanen
    You don't have mutch depth so this does help you

Schneider would be my choice to cut, 2nd option would be Kessel

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tigger27 View Post
    I'd hate to give up on Draisaitl but you do get 3 quality players in Guentzel, Tarasenko and Rantanen
    You don't have mutch depth so this does help you

Schneider would be my choice to cut, 2nd option would be Kessel
    If Schneider get bought out by NJ I don't need to use my buyout on him, as he would be under 5 million since he's not under contract anymore. Anyone else in my signature I should consider buying out? Or Kessel for sure. I was wondering if I could hold Kessel for this year and use the buyout on someone else.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Superstar

yes, Leon cannot outproduce Jake, Mikko, and Vlad.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    yes, Leon cannot outproduce Jake, Mikko, and Vlad.
    Ah alright, makes sense lol. Thanks
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    Ah alright, makes sense lol. Thanks

classic case of don't fall in love with a name, sure you give away a 100 point asset but you get three players who arguably have a floor of 70 points. Jake I think is an 80 point guy full season, Couture is what he is at 31 years old and tends to score more in the real life playoffs which usually does not help for fantasy championships.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

classic case of don't fall in love with a name, sure you give away a 100 point asset but you get three players who arguably have a floor of 70 points. Jake I think is an 80 point guy full season, Couture is what he is at 31 years old and tends to score more in the real life playoffs which usually does not help for fantasy championships.
    yeah, I was just hesitant since he also has McDavid. I like the deal for me though
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Superstar

yeah, I was just hesitant since he also has McDavid. I like the deal for me though
    Absolutely! Bolsters depth and now you have wing options to deal for star power at other positions.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Absolutely! Bolsters depth and now you have wing options to deal for star power at other positions.
    For sure. I was trying to plan out what I should do next. I know i'm keeping Guentzel for sure. But not sure who to trade, Vlad or Rantanen for a C? I was thinking moving one for a Center straight up.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Superstar

For sure. I was trying to plan out what I should do next. I know i'm keeping Guentzel for sure. But not sure who to trade, Vlad or Rantanen for a C? I was thinking moving one for a Center straight up.
    def should be one for one or you're getting two solid pieces back for sake of depth. One for one, either of those wingers must net you a first line center who routinely scores 70 plus points. Rantanen provides the least multi-cat value so he would be my name to put on the market.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

def should be one for one or you're getting two solid pieces back for sake of depth. One for one, either of those wingers must net you a first line center who routinely scores 70 plus points. Rantanen provides the least multi-cat value so he would be my name to put on the market.
    I'm looking at my guy, Schiefele. Any other guys I should consider?
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I still think you want to take this.

I'm not sure who your buyout should be, but I am sure that you want to wait until the playoffs end. While NJ is not in them, Arizona is, so you'll get more clarity on Kessel. And Lindell is still in the mix as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm looking at my guy, Schiefele. Any other guys I should consider?
    Mark was the first name that came to mind. Can also go after the likes of Petersson, Zibanejad (unlikely but worth a shot in multi-cat), Couturier.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Mark was the first name that came to mind. Can also go after the likes of Petersson, Zibanejad (unlikely but worth a shot in multi-cat), Couturier.
    I will see how it goes. thanks for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I still think you want to take this.

I'm not sure who your buyout should be, but I am sure that you want to wait until the playoffs end. While NJ is not in them, Arizona is, so you'll get more clarity on Kessel. And Lindell is still in the mix as well.
    Alright, we won't have to decide for a while for sure.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team: