Thread: Rakell and Trocheck value

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rakell and Trocheck value

Hi all, this is for my Hamilton team in signature - link goes to a google doc (if you hover over it, it'll show the link at the bottom in a grey bar).

I've got a team in my league that has decided to go win now, they've got quite a few solid prospects that might be worth me moving these two for - both are steady performers but are never going to put up serious numbers except for the occasional season (such as Tro 2 seasons ago). So if the deal is right, I'm considering moving them for some solid future pieces. I've pretty much decided that the 2022 draft is where I want to rebuild around and i think with my core age of players that'll work well.

Here are the pieces that the other team has that I'm interested in, what would be fair for one or both of Tro and Rakell.

• 1st round pick in 2022 (likely gets playoffs so 9-16OA but I could package that to move up) also a thing to note that this would be a conditional 2021 pick that is reliant on them making playoffs - they are by far the best team in there division currently so they should do that.
    • Anthony Cirelli
    • Victor Olofsson (unlikely)
    • Cole Perfetti
    • Connor McMichael
    • Akil Thomas
    • Grigori Denisenko
    • Jon Berggren
    • Dominik Bokk
    • Bobby Brink
    • Nic Roy
    • Dennis Cholowski
    • K'Andre Miller
    • Bowen Byram (unlikely)
    • 2nd, 4th, 5th round picks in 2021

These are the potential stuff he could move, the unlikely stuff probably won't happen but it might be worth attempting. It's worth noting all of these except Olofsson and Cirelli are minors, but I will have 3-5 spots available in my active team to move anyone playing next season into the active (Denisenko for example, or from my own team the likes of Hayton).

What would you be asking for, for one of both of these players? Or would you not make the trade at all. I'm thinking I could take a gamble here with the likes of Denisenko and Thomas, they could potentially be way better than Tro/Rakell. Obviously I'm giving up established NHL'ers so it's a risk but my thoughts were

Denisenko, Thomas, 1st (2021 conditional to 2022) and Perfetti.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Rakell and Trocheck value

With the exception of Olofsson, these players are a few years away from being fantasy relevant IMO. And even then I’m not sure if they out produce Trocheck or Rakell in leagues that count hits. I would keep what you have.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Rakell and Trocheck value

Cirelli is interesting, because he is very relevant right now, and simply outperforms expectations. He was a walk-on in the OHL, who became team captain. He scored 48 point in the shortened season, and wins faceoffs. He does hit/block some, and his cost to acquire will up after he's a Selke finalist this season.

I won't speak to the psopects too much, as that's not an area of expertise, but I'd gladly deal Rakell for him. He's similar to Trocheck right now, but may be the better player eventually. If you don't split forwards out, keep Trocheck over Rakell.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.