Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who are my top 3 droppable players?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Who are my top 3 droppable players?

14 team weekly H2H daily starts with cats Pt-d (points from defencemen),G,A,PIM,SOG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW, W,L,GAA,SV%,SO

Start 3C,3RW,3LW,5D,3Skaters,2G. 32 player roster, 15 player minors

Who are my top 3 droppable players regardless of position?

T Jost
    J Staal
    C White
    Mikael Granlund
    T Toffoli
    B Dillon
    V Dunn
    S Gostisbehere
    J Allen
    A Khudobin

Thanks and will REP where I can.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Who are my top 3 droppable players?

It would be helpful to know your full roster. The reason I say this is if you start 5D and Dillon is your 9th D man he is easily the most droppable... but if he is your 5th D and you have 12 RW then he becomes less droppable.

Without knowing your roster depth I would say:

Dillon
    White
    Khudobin...

but that can change drastically knowing your depth.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Top off my hat I'd say Dillon, Jost and White. Not sure about the order of these three, but it's pretty clearly these three for me.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    It would be helpful to know your full roster. The reason I say this is if you start 5D and Dillon is your 9th D man he is easily the most droppable... but if he is your 5th D and you have 12 RW then he becomes less droppable.
    I had the same thought except I also want to know about the goalies you currently own.

Anyways, Dillon for sure... then probably Jost. Last one would depend on position, but I'm stuck between Allen, Dunn, Ghost, or Staal for different reasons.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Sorry....this is my entire team:

C - Couturier, McDavid, Zibenajad, Cirelli, J. Staal
    W - Draisaitl(L/C), Giroux(l/r/c), Lee(l), Marner(r/c), M. Tkachuk(l/r), Wilson(r), Konecny(c/r), Voracek(r), Hertl(c/l), Jost(c/l), C. White(c/r), Mikael Granlund(r/l), Taffoli(l/r)
    D - Makar, Nurse, Doughty, Chabot, Sergachev, Provorov, Dunn, Gostisbehere, P. Myers, Dillon
    G - Hart, Hellebuyck, Allen, Khudobin

Appreciate the input so far!!!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jtloveshack View Post
    Sorry....this is my entire team:

C - Couturier, McDavid, Zibenajad, Cirelli, J. Staal
    W - Draisaitl(L/C), Giroux(l/r/c), Lee(l), Marner(r/c), M. Tkachuk(l/r), Wilson(r), Konecny(c/r), Voracek(r), Hertl(c/l), Jost(c/l), C. White(c/r), Mikael Granlund(r/l), Taffoli(l/r)
    D - Makar, Nurse, Doughty, Chabot, Sergachev, Provorov, Dunn, Gostisbehere, P. Myers, Dillon
    G - Hart, Hellebuyck, Allen, Khudobin

Appreciate the input so far!!!

Dillon for sure as he is your 10th D and you only start 5.

Dunn as my second option as he is your 9th D and you only start 5.

Then It would be White or Jost for me as they are down deep in your Winger slots.

If Jost could crack the top 6 in Colorado and stay there I would prefer him. But recent history says that White is in the better position and Ottawa is going to add a couple really good pieces shortly.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Dillon, Dunn and Jost
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Dillon, Dunn and Jost
    Yup. That's my final answer too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think I would drop Ghost before Dunn. If Petro leaves as a free agent, Dunn could very well inherit PP1 duties on a very good team. Whereas Provorov is the clear choice over Ghost, and if he's not contributing points he certainly isn't stuffing the other cats.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Dillon, Jost, Allen for me - your bottom guy at D, F, and G.

If you want to keep Allen over Khudobin, I can see that, but this year was Jake Allen's career year, and Khudobin had a little better year this year than he had last year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    I think I would drop Ghost before Dunn. If Petro leaves as a free agent, Dunn could very well inherit PP1 duties on a very good team. Whereas Provorov is the clear choice over Ghost, and if he's not contributing points he certainly isn't stuffing the other cats.
    I think it goes to Parayko, Perunovich, or Faulk at this point. Dunn is a good option too, but just too much competition.

Thanks all! Rep given where I could.

Another question...would you drop one of Allen or Khudobin for Stalock, Talbot or Campbell?

I am going to drop Jost and Dillon for sure (if no one offers a last round draft pick). Most likely I will drop one of White or Dunn.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I see Talbot as a slightly older but slightly more talented Allen, who has a better chance of being a starter.

Stalock has a better situation than Allen for starts, but is no better, and maybe a hair worse.

Campbell is probably a push with Allen situationally, and I'm unsure about the talent, as he's been on bad defensive teams.

I'd probably only want to gamble on Talbot of those 3, and maybe not even him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

Don't drop Tyson Jost. He's going to break out soon and you are going to regret it. He still has 60+ point potential and just turned 22 years old. He's a full year younger than Phillipe Myers but no one thinks Myers has peaked with his NHL potential yet.

I would drop Jake Allen, Vince Dunn and Phillipe Myers. You don't need 3 Philly dmen so drop the worst of the bunch. I would also accept dropping Gostisbehere but he could rebound to 40 points although I am not sure 40 points with little peripherals is worth it. You may be able to trade him on name value though.

Once again...thanks for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated! I still need to figure out what to do with my bottom end goalie situation but I made a few moves to help my roster situation:

1. Dropped Dillon and picked up Jan Jenik (minor eligible)
    2. Traded my Bemstrom and Oettinger for Patches and a 2021 1st
    3. Traded my Hertl and Bouchard for Kuznetsov and Pulock
    4. Picked up Daniil Tarasov and Adam Werner (both minor eligible)
    5. Currently have Dunn on the trade block looking for some sort of draft pick.
    6. Moved P. Myers down to the minors (has about 10ish games left of eligibility)

For interest sake, this is my current minor roster (beware, lots of Philly guys, lol):

I. Ludestrom.......W. Allison
    J. O’Brien............N. Aube-Kubel
    I. Ratcliffe...........J. Jenik
    J. Farabee...........A. Alexeyev
    N. Beaudin..........N. Lundkvist
    I. Mitchell............P. Myers
    C. York...............D. Tarasov
    A. Werner

Thoughts? Rep’d where I could.