Thread: Who are my next 4 keepers?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cool Who are my next 4 keepers?

Need to pick 8 players
    14 Team League (head to head weekly watch ups)

- We play 2C, 2RW, 2 LW, 4D, 1 F, 1W, 1 Util

- Categories for players are: G, A, PTS, +-, PPP, PIM, SOG

My top 4 keepers are:

Kucherov (RW)
    Rantanen (RW)
    Gaudreau (LW,RW)
    Barkov (c)

Who’d your next 4 be?
    Giordano (D)
    Dumba (D)
    Trouba (D)
    Shattenkirk (D)
    Keith (D)
    Hertl (c,LW)
    J.Benn (c,LW)
    Nugent-Hopkins (c,LW)
    D.Strome (c,RW)
    Bjorkstrand (LW,RW)

- I also have 2 1st round and 2 2nd round picks to my name (both I pick 6th or later on per round)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Who are my next 4 keepers?

Giordano (D)
    Dumba (D)
    Trouba (D)
    Shattenkirk (D)
    Keith (D)
    Hertl (c,LW)
    J.Benn (c,LW)
    Nugent-Hopkins (c,LW)
    D.Strome (c,RW)
    Bjorkstrand (LW,RW)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

I like

Dumba
    Hertl
    Strome
    Nugent-Hopkins

Dobber Sports Superstar

Gio, Hertl, RNH and Strome for me.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Titan

Dumba - Similar upside to Gio, with a lot more years left to hit it.
    Hertl - Best option on the list
    Huge - Other best option on the list.
    Bjorkstrand - Higher upside than Strome or Benn at this point, youth, and none of the disappointment on his record like Strome / Benn.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Gio, Hertl, RNH and JBenn for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Gio, Hertl, RNH and JBenn for me.
    With these categories, I agree with Axe on this one. Would consider Dumba over Gio though possibly.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Echo the above.

Hertl, Benn, RNH, Giordano.
    If Benn starts hot... trade him... he's toast - hopefully people forget this past year, he gets off to a hot start and you wheel him on "name value".
    (I do agree w/another that Bjork may have better stats going forward... but I think he's redraftable and doesn't yet have the trade value that Benn has.)

I like Dumba a bit too... if Kaprizov proves the real deal, that PP1 could *pop* again - which will push Dumba's value way up.
    If you don't think there's a buyer on Benn's future, just sub Dumba in here.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Dumba - Similar upside to Gio, with a lot more years left to hit it.
    Hertl - Best option on the list
    Huge - Other best option on the list.
    Bjorkstrand - Higher upside than Strome or Benn at this point, youth, and none of the disappointment on his record like Strome / Benn.
    EB nailed it for me.

Dumba is only 25 years old and scored 12 goals, 22 points in 32 games the year before and 14 goals, 50 points the year before that. He gets decent PPTOI (51.6%, could be better), penalty minutes and SOG. The plus/minus is the only, ahem, negative (minus-7 this past season) and the team isn't trending up. Still, I'll take him over a 36 year old Giordano with better numbers on a better team.

Hertl is also on a downward trending team, but at only 26 years of age and two years left before UFA, his motivation is still high. This past season, he scored at a 62 point pace, but the year before he had 35 goals and 74 points. He'll contribute in SOG as well, but could improve his PPP even though he's getting 58.2% deployment with the man advantage. That plus/minus will likely not be kind next year either. Still keeping him though.

Nugent-Hopkins is a must keep for me. He's only 27, entering a contract year where he will be UFA after next season, so motivation is huge for Nuge. He had 28 goals and 69 points the year before last and this past season had 61 points in only 65 games playing pretty much on a set line with Draisaitl and a young, talented Yamamoto. He's also a staple (84%) on a PP that includes the aforementioned Draisaitl and the game's best player, McDavid. He is a big contributor in PPP and provides nice SOG numbers.

Bjorkstrand is trending up nicely. After recording 40 points in 2017/18, he put up 36 the year after and had 36 points in 49 games (60 point pace) this past season. Was on pace for more than 270 SOG and 35 goals. Won't contribute much in penalty minutes. The future is bright.

My toughest cut was Giordano, but his age was the deal breaker.

Good luck with your decision!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would've liked to keep more D, but I preferred the forwards.

Dumba (D)
    Hertl (C,LW)
    Nugent-Hopkins (C,LW)
    Bjorkstrand (LW,RW)

I think the rest of the players will redraftable for you, even Giordano who took a big drop this year from his miracle season the year prior.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Dumba, Hertl, Bjork, RNH

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cheers everyone who chimed in.
    I like the Hertl, Nugent-Hopkins, Dumba, Bjorkstrand idea.

Dropping Giordano and J.Benn are the hardest to part with...I my mind
    Giordano- might have another good to great season, but age doesn’t bode well
    J.Benn- surrounded by talent. The “what if” Dallas decides to be a more offensive team and click really bugs me.
    I do like the idea of trying to trade him as name value, but I did try trading Giordano for cheap and nobody bit

I agree that Hertl and RNH are a must.
    RNH in a contract year coming up and exposure to either Draisatl or McDavid in a points league has me sold
    Hertl the guy seems determined to lead the sharks back into contention. He’s proven his value in past seasons. SJS have to be better than last season with so much talent. Just gotta stay healthy!!!
    Dumba- I hate the PP 1A/1B in Minnesota. Hope he takes the reigns this season. His run 2 seasons ago is hard to ignore. Being substantially younger than Giordano is a major plus
    Bjorkstrand I nabbed him off FA, somehow. Been reading so much on his potential, it’s hard to pass on him. I lose PIM by not taking Benn, but gain points and...SOG. Guys a beast. Gotta stay healthy

With all this in mind I guess I’m gunning for a D first round (I have 2 late first round picks and my first pick is 6th place).