Thread: Seguin/Meier

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Seguin/Meier

Hey all,

Looking for opinions between Seguin and Meier. Both coming off down-ish seasons.

Dynasty league, roto
    G/A/PP/SHP/SOG/Hits/Bks/FOW/PIM

Seguin is great to get the FOW from the wing. Meier gets a little more on the hits. Overall who would you prefer for next year? 3 years from now?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Seguin/Meier

To be honest, I think this is pretty close. For me, it would depend on your teams strengths and weaknesses, which we dont know because we don't know your roster. Both guys can score so it comes down to what you need more. Meier will get you more PIMs, hits and blks (blocks are marginal from forwards anyways) where as Seguin will get your more PP, SOG and FOW.

What do you mean when you say "looking for options between" these two? Are you looking at a trade? Are you looking at keeping one over the other in a limited keeper? Why do you need to decide between these two?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd say Seguin still holds a tad more name value, so if you're looking to offer him for Meier, I'd try to get a little extra out of the deal. Given this is a dynasty league, I'd go with Meier anyway. I'm probably biased (I'm Swiss, so Meier is my second worst man crush after Josi I guess), but I'd say the value of these two guys is already very close right now - so I'd want the younger of the two. Also because Seguin already got top PP assaignments while Meier played more on the PP2 for long stretches of last season and therefore has still more time to grow/improve.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

The Wolverine

Something to keep in mind is whether Seguin holds that wing eligibility or not. That would make a significant difference in his value. His FOW has been decreasing, to just over 600 over a full season, which I suspect is not far off average. You expect centres to take faceoffs so if centre only then he needs to be above average to increase value. And his SOG has decreased over the last couple seasons. These are two areas that made him even more valuable when he was scoring more. But now that the scoring is down, decreasing peripherals doesn't help. Can he bounce back?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's Seguin for sure other than the age aspect. But that is important going forward.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.