Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Do you think Trump has humility? lol Trumps financials alone will put him away for life. Not to mention the charges the "Scum of the earth" FBI have been compiling. The only clowns are on Fox. This confirms it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...carlson-2020-9
    That is hilarious. Tucker Carlson gets a lawsuit against him thrown out because a judge rules, "nobody should take anything Tucker Carlson says seriously".

I love it. Fox news in a nutshell.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Oh it's the fake doctor back again.
    Look. My point was that the Biden camp has put him up as the honest and decent alternative to Trump corruption. Which is hilarious. They’re both political, meaning the lies start when the lips begin to move. Trusting either one is an error.

Democracy depends on the peaceful debate of different ideas. Name-calling if anyone disagrees with your values diminishes the process and the people involved.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It is truly never not funny whenever Trumpets attempt to claim anything surrounding morality or “class”.

Banned

Default Trump getting infected by COVID-19 is a blessing

Having been able to experience COVID-19 first-hand, he's now more vocal about his statements regarding our approach against the virus. It seems lockdowns are not helping at all. What are your thought about this?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Trump getting infected by COVID-19 is a blessing

Quote Originally Posted by Gallaher View Post
    Having been able to experience COVID-19 first-hand, he's now more vocal about his statements regarding our approach against the virus. It seems lockdowns are not helping at all. What are your thought about this?
    Why would you say lockdowns are not helping at all?

Locally here, schools that have followed extensive safety protocols are still open; schools that didn't have been shut down to due extensive quarantines. Texas and Florida have climbed the ranks of States impacted; Michigan, which has been among the most aggressive with lockdowns, has dropped considerably on the list.

I'm empathetic to those impacted by the shutdowns, and I completely agree with those that feel continued discussion needs to keep happening about what's right and what's excessive and what's not enough. But to say they aren't helping isn't really looking at the info methinks.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Look. My point was that the Biden camp has put him up as the honest and decent alternative to Trump corruption. Which is hilarious. They’re both political, meaning the lies start when the lips begin to move. Trusting either one is an error.

Democracy depends on the peaceful debate of different ideas. Name-calling if anyone disagrees with your values diminishes the process and the people involved.
    The current breed of Trumpublican is not interested in Democracy and is more interested in doing anything to simply hurt the other side and would rather die than see "others" benefit from the other side's policies.

Yes, politics is filled with rank hypocrisy, lying, partisanship etc. Biden is on the same level as the others who have come up through the broken American system - regardless of political stance.

Trump stands alone.

Dobber Sports Titan

The only thing that scares me about the Trump voters is that there's a lot more closet Trump supporters that won't say they vote Trump during polls and discussions, and then turn around and vote Trump in November.

It will happen, people are embarrassed to be behind this guy, or won't say they are because they aren't confrontational and don't want to start an argument.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The only thing that scares me about the Trump voters is that there's a lot more closet Trump supporters that won't say they vote Trump during polls and discussions, and then turn around and vote Trump in November.

It will happen, people are embarrassed to be behind this guy, or won't say they are because they aren't confrontational and don't want to start an argument.
    I thought that there was not a lot of evidence of this being true. Will have to look into it again.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I thought that there was not a lot of evidence of this being true. Will have to look into it again.
    That's a hard thing to prove though. Just the nature of the "secret" Trump supporter makes any study invalid in my eyes.

It's asking people who are holding a secret what the secret is lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's actually some creative ways to get a good handle on it.

Just did a quick look on this and fivethirtyeight has some good info on the idea.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-some-of-them/

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm actually torn on the SCOTUS nomination -- I think there's a danger is stacking the court, but I also think she's a person of integrity (and even if her inclination is to lean one way, she's a good judge that can understand the position well enough to represent the law and not one side of the spectrum) AND, I wonder how many folks would cast a vote for Trump because they are one-issue voters (and the Supreme Court is their focus). If ACB gets through, maybe some decide that his work is done and they'll stop overlooking all his other flaws.

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I'm actually torn on the SCOTUS nomination -- I think there's a danger is stacking the court, but I also think she's a person of integrity (and even if her inclination is to lean one way, she's a good judge that can understand the position well enough to represent the law and not one side of the spectrum) AND, I wonder how many folks would cast a vote for Trump because they are one-issue voters (and the Supreme Court is their focus). If ACB gets through, maybe some decide that his work is done and they'll stop overlooking all his other flaws.
    True. Mitch pulled the ol' bait and switch and got away with it. McConnell on blocking Merick Garland in 2016, "All we are doing is following the long standing tradition of not fulfilling a nomination in the middle of a presidential year". And now here we are. Mitch and the rest of the Republicans ramming a SCOTUS down Americas throat as quickly as possible days before an election that they know they will likely lose. Dirty. It leaves any rational thinking person with little faith in the integrity of the SCOTUS nomination process going forward. The SCOTUS nomination process was always supposed to represent the will of the American people. Dirty tricks, lies, and partisan manipulation were not anticipated by the founding fathers.

The entire Trump Presidency and the loss of any moral compass in Trump's Republican party is an unexpected twist that has left democracy in America reeling.

KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Padawan

15777.JPG

Not only that, Ben, but the corrupt Democrats then actually impeached President Trump for requesting an investigation into that Biden corruption. LOL
    I mean, you just can't make this stuff up.
    It's right out of an Oliver Stone movie.

Dobber Sports Padawan

11119.JPG

Yup.
    Twitter, Facebook, and Google are interfering with the Election process. It's that simple.
    And President Trump STILL has a chance, even against this rigged, corrupt system. Incredible.

Dobber Sports Guru

"...requesting an investigation". Ha! Wow. That's one way to word it. A terrible way.

I'm not dismissing criticism of the Bidens--the NY Post article doesn't mean a lot to me, but I would hope investigations are done if there's evidence to be seen/found. I'm sure other reporters are digging away and more might come if there's info to be found.

Meanwhile Ivanka continues to rack up Chinese patents (https://apnews.com/article/0a3283036...a4aa3c6dd01727), Pence wastes taxpayer money to stay at a Trump-owned business (https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ay-trump-hotel), and let's not forget the golf (which would be easier to ignore if Trump and Fox hadn't tried to make it such a storyline in Obama's presidency: https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/3...ack-obama-golf)....