Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Agreed Trump is certainly not solely responsible for these utterly devastating economic figures. This last quarter was 4 times worse than the worst quarter of the great depression. It would have been a terrible quarter regardless of who was in charge of the US, but, like others point out, it is easy to understand that those numbers have been greatly exacerbated by the President and his team fumbling the ball repeatedly and continuously. Unfortunately, this comes as no surprise to most. Trump was never anything but a fraud and a charlatan. All he ever knew how to do was whip a credulous crowd into a frenzy. A reality TV show host with no moral compass and no ambition other than power, attention and endless praise.

Let's hope his transition out of office is swift and seamless.

Let's hope in time most of Trump's stain and stench can be removed from the country.

Let's hope the American people can come together and put the country back in order, slowly, piece by piece.
    Great post!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status...031330304?s=19

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (AP) — Trump says he’ll act as soon as Saturday to ban Chinese-owned video app TikTok from US on security fears.
    THIS is what he's worried about these days. To hell with Covid being front and center.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The GDP/debt ratio was not good prior to the pandemic and was pointing towards at least an economic downturn, at best. The pandemic + Trump's lack of a national plan to deal with it (if not his outright denial of it) exacerbated what was already a tenuous situation
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status...031330304?s=19

THIS is what he's worried about these days. To hell with Covid being front and center.
    I refuse to read anything about Trump in my news sources...did he do anything about TikTok yet?

Dobber Sports Titan

Here's actually the reported reason why Trump ran for President...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHckZCxdRkA
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Thought provoking prediction, from political analyst Gwynne Dyer (I trust this guy's analysis):

https://planetsmag.com/2020-08-13/an-october-surprise/

Basically it's the notion that Trump will try to manufacture a crisis that could benefit him with a surge of votes come October. Trump doesn't just need to win to satisfy his ego, he needs to win to hold an avalanche of lawsuits, charges and possible jail time

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like Gwynne Dyer a lot but not sure I am on the same page here. He has made it very clear that his plan if he loses the election, will be to claim voter fraud and dispute the election. He's basically said that during his news conferences/political rallies. He's said it could takes years to finally figure out who won.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I like Gwynne Dyer a lot but not sure I am on the same page here. He has made it very clear that his plan if he loses the election, will be to claim voter fraud and dispute the election. He's basically said that during his news conferences/political rallies. He's said it could takes years to finally figure out who won.
    Trump is definitely planting the seeds of doubt about the election outcome's 'legitimacy' but he can also double-down on a manufactured crisis to garner more votes while pulling other stunts just like he is trying to kill USPS funding to stall the mail service when American voters will rely mail in voting more than ever.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I plan on following the U.S. elections with literal bags of popcorn.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Trump claimed voter fraud when he won in 2016. Why wouldn't he claim it when he loses in November? He literally never concedes defeat or assumes blame on any issue...ever. That was rule #1 he learned from Roy Cohn
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhh ya. Im treating it like the Super Bowl. Maybe a glass of something real nice as well.

Dobber Sports All-Star

What Trump is doing to the USPS is disgraceful to America and also criminal. How the GOP is letting him do this is criminal in itself. He will still be humiliated at the polls regardless and this attempt at destroying democracy will only land him more prison time where he will be further humiliated.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    What Trump is doing to the USPS is disgraceful to America and also criminal. How the GOP is letting him do this is criminal in itself. He will still be humiliated at the polls regardless and this attempt at destroying democracy will only land him more prison time where he will be further humiliated.
    I can't wait.

Dobber Sports Ninja

What happens if Trump wins a second term? Will the Democrats accept the result and what do they do if they don't? Will they spend the next four years trying to "get" the President? Will there be widespread rioting, uh, I mean protesting? Just asking for a friend.