Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    I am praying for my American friends.
    SNL should have huge rating during this election.
    SNL should hire that comedian Sarah Cooper. Her impersonations are so fricking funny.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote from this article:" poll that was just conducted ... indicated that about 20 per cent of Trump supporters will be casting their vote by mail-ins, whereas 60 per cent of Biden's voters said that they would be using mail-in ballots."

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup/wha...ssor-1.5705807

This is why Trump is pushing so hard to discount any mail in voting before it actually happens. And in the age of Covid-19 this will be a bigger issue than a typical election.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Quote from this article:" poll that was just conducted ... indicated that about 20 per cent of Trump supporters will be casting their vote by mail-ins, whereas 60 per cent of Biden's voters said that they would be using mail-in ballots."

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup/wha...ssor-1.5705807

This is why Trump is pushing so hard to discount any mail in voting before it actually happens. And in the age of Covid-19 this will be a bigger issue than a typical election.
    Because a majority of Trump supporters still think the virus is a hoax perpetrated by the democrats to hurt Trump. I was watching a documentary the other night and some American doctors and nurses were saying over 80% of the COVID-19 cases they have been seeing are people who thought the virus was a hoax. Obviously these are the types of people who do nothing to prevent the spread and contraction of the virus, ergo, they have more chance of getting it.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Because a majority of Trump supporters still think the virus is a hoax perpetrated by the democrats to hurt Trump. I was watching a documentary the other night and some American doctors and nurses were saying over 80% of the COVID-19 cases they have been seeing are people who thought the virus was a hoax. Obviously these are the types of people who do nothing to prevent the spread and contraction of the virus, ergo, they have more chance of getting it.
    It may be impossible to track but it would be interesting to see what percentage of Covid deaths are of Republican voters versus Democratic voters. Not that Trump would care, he only needs his supporters to live just past November...

Dobber Sports Ninja

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

My God. This debate is off the rails...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    My God. This debate is off the rails...

Rylant
    did anyone predict otherwise?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm a bit disappointed in Biden. He should never engage in the stupidity. The "shut up" and golf course references don't help. He loses when he tries to exchange jabs. He can't out-mean this idiot. Just shake your head when he speaks, and speak intelligently when it's your turn, and let the Idiot in Chief bury himself. His answers are too focused on trying to one-up the moron. Just state your plans, lay out your policies clearly. Pause when he interrupts you and let the moderator allow you to finish. You won't win over those that like to laugh at his stupid one-liners anyways.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed in Biden. He should never engage in the stupidity. The "shut up" and golf course references don't help. He loses when he tries to exchange jabs. He can't out-mean this idiot. Just shake your head when he speaks, and speak intelligently when it's your turn, and let the Idiot in Chief bury himself. His answers are too focused on trying to one-up the moron. Just state your plans, lay out your policies clearly. Pause when he interrupts you and let the moderator allow you to finish. You won't win over those that like to laugh at his stupid one-liners anyways.
    +1 to this

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Yep, agreed.

I dont know about any of you, but watching it last night, the odd time when the moderator could actually get Trump to be quiet while Biden was trying to answer a question, all I could do was look at Trump and his mannerisms and see Alec Baldwin. The facial expressions while he was "patiently" waiting to jump back in were just comical and something Baldwin is going to eat up on SNL. To me, that was the best part of the debate.

In my eyes, Biden just looked unprepared. Some of his answers were sloppy, his number recollection was all over the place. Trump came off as ignorant and rude. He wasn't there to debate because he couldnt justify any of the questions posed to him. Sure he threw a bunch of garbage at the TV screen. I guess we shouldn't expect much less than that anyway at this stage. HIs followers ate it up. He didn't need to talk to them, he already has them. It's the folks on the fence that he needs to convince and I am not sure he had much success doing that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

That was the most frustrating thing I've watched in my entire life. I hate Trump.

Dobber Sports Master

I thought the dems were supposed to groom someone from outside the political sphere of washington to go up against Trump .

Dobber Sports Titan

Watching that last night somehow sterilized me.

A real question, can the moderator do anything to stop one of the candidates from excessive interruption like Trump was doing last night? Like is there legit anything they can do besides just asking them to stop?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was only able to watch a few minutes before I had to turn it off again. How anyone could watch that and feel any kind of hope for the future of their country, no matter the outcome in November, is beyond me. Trump is human garbage, but Biden looks old, frail, and completely unable to string together coherent thoughts. The USA is screwed (and by proxy us Canadians are probably in for a rough ride in the future as well)