Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I was only able to watch a few minutes before I had to turn it off again. How anyone could watch that and feel any kind of hope for the future of their country, no matter the outcome in November, is beyond me. Trump is human garbage, but Biden looks old, frail, and completely unable to string together coherent thoughts. The USA is screwed (and by proxy us Canadians are probably in for a rough ride in the future as well)
    Well you pretty much saw enough then because that was the whole evening.

What Biden should have done when Trump cut into his two minute allotted time was just stop trying to talk over Trumps interruptions and put his hands up and start counting with his fingers the seconds that Trump was stealing from him. Then ask for that time back from the Moderator. The mud-slinging from Biden didn't come off well for him.

Speaking of the moderator, Chris Wallace, how bad did the folks at home feel for him? Even he couldnt get Trump to STFU when asked most times.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well you pretty much saw enough then because that was the whole evening.

What Biden should have done when Trump cut into his two minute allotted time was just stop trying to talk over Trumps interruptions and put his hands up and start counting with his fingers the seconds that Trump was stealing from him. Then ask for that time back from the Moderator. The mud-slinging from Biden didn't come off well for him.

Speaking of the moderator, how bad did the folks at home feel for him? Even he couldnt get Trump to STFU when asked most times.
    He legit seemed to have 0 power. Like why wouldn't Trump interrupt him. The moderator legit has 0 influence in the debate, so why would Trump listen to him. Everything to him is a transaction, if Trump doesn't see a value in listening to him he will never do that.

I honestly don't know what he does where a child couldn't do. Have a 10yr old up there asking pre-written answers and see who would interrupt the child.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

They should just have the mics automatically cut off after 2 minutes or whatever their time limit is. But that isn't good television. The TV ratings depend on these two guys yelling at each other. Let's be honest, they are just a microcosm of what is happening here in the forum threads and across the USA!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yep, agreed.

I dont know about any of you, but watching it last night, the odd time when the moderator could actually get Trump to be quiet while Biden was trying to answer a question, all I could do was look at Trump and his mannerisms and see Alec Baldwin. The facial expressions while he was "patiently" waiting to jump back in were just comical and something Baldwin is going to eat up on SNL. To me, that was the best part of the debate.

In my eyes, Biden just looked unprepared. Some of his answers were sloppy, his number recollection was all over the place. Trump came off as ignorant and rude. He wasn't there to debate because he couldnt justify any of the questions posed to him. Sure he threw a bunch of garbage at the TV screen. I guess we shouldn't expect much less than that anyway at this stage. HIs followers ate it up. He didn't need to talk to them, he already has them. It's the folks on the fence that he needs to convince and I am not sure he had much success doing that.
    "ok look...here's the deal" Could this be the first Bidenism? Bet this makes the next SNL skit focused on the debate. I'm scared Biden just isn't strong enough. Take this guy down. He should step aside and let his running mate step in the ring.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    "ok look...here's the deal" Could this be the first Bidenism? Bet this makes the next SNL skit focused on the debate. I'm scared Biden just isn't strong enough. Take this guy down. He should step aside and let his running mate step in the ring.
    I dont own a crystal ball but I believe that's the long term plan.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I didn't watch because Trump makes me sick. I don't I think I have ever hated anyone more than him. Did he actually say to white supremacists to "stand down and stand by"? WTF? I am not an alarmist at all but I am very concerned about this November.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I didn't watch because Trump makes me sick. I don't I think I have ever hated anyone more than him. Did he actually say to white supremacists to "stand down and stand by"? WTF? I am not an alarmist at all but I am very concerned about this November.

He was asked if he would condemn white supremacists. His reply was “Sure, I’m willing to do that...Proud Boys, stand back and stand by.”

My wife is like you, she cant stand watching him so she doesn't.

Dobber Sports Sage

As I have mentioned on this forum before, there will be a civil war in the United States. The fascists have completed their takeover of the Republican Party.
    A far-right coup against the Constitution had been underway since the impeachment. It is nice to see that a few people are waking up to the reality we are about to see: Federal agents, local police and paramilitary militias like the proud boys lined up in unison against citizens to preserve Donald Trump's power.
    All patriots should prepare to engage in violence if necessary to support, protect and defend the Constitution. Fascists do not respond to non-violent methods.
    There are still a few off-ramps before the collision. I hope Trump takes one. But if wannabe-Nazi goons are on "stand by" for Trump, then I am on stand by for whoever is fighting them. There has never been a more important conflict in American history. The mere fate of the planet hinges upon it.
    Have a nice day.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont know why but the debate last night reminded me of the Mosca/Kapp scrap. I wanted to see them go at it LOL!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    As I have mentioned on this forum before, there will be a civil war in the United States. The fascists have completed their takeover of the Republican Party.
    A far-right coup against the Constitution had been underway since the impeachment. It is nice to see that a few people are waking up to the reality we are about to see: Federal agents, local police and paramilitary militias like the proud boys lined up in unison against citizens to preserve Donald Trump's power.
    All patriots should prepare to engage in violence if necessary to support, protect and defend the Constitution. Fascists do not respond to non-violent methods.
    There are still a few off-ramps before the collision. I hope Trump takes one. But if wannabe-Nazi goons are on "stand by" for Trump, then I am on stand by for whoever is fighting them. There has never been a more important conflict in American history. The mere fate of the planet hinges upon it.
    Have a nice day.

Dobber Sports Genius

This debate and the course of the US has proven that government should be involved in the everyday life's of people as little as possible. The great US experiment is coming to a close and how democracy is set up is not working. Politian's just take turns saying or doing whatever they can to get the next term. Biden, talking about his green plan and upgrading the infrastructure to accommodate green technology is a joke. I have no confidence they will spend the trillions effectively. It will just end up hurting the people. If Tesla or the other EV companies need to upgrade the current infrastructure to support to increase their market share they should be spending their profits.

Trump had a good opportunity to let Biden hang himself. He needed to play the bully card and try to fluster Biden somewhat to expose the fact that Biden is hardly coherent. However he went to far and in the process made himself look even more like an ass. Biden looked awful and contradicted himself with many of his responses. It's so blatantly obvious he's just touting the popular narrative, he stated that ANTIFA is an idea not a group for one. He said he wasn't part of the new green deal and then said it would pay for himself. People needs to stop waiting for the government to save them and go do it themselves.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Grand Master

ANTIFA is in fact an idea and not a group, just for the record.

Dobber Sports Sage

ANTIFA is a name attached to people who are willing to meet Nazis in the street and defeat them. ANTIFAscist. Not nearly as scary as Trump would like it to sound. When the Nazis arrive, so do the anti-fascists. Its a great American tradition to oppose the enemies of democracy. Really cant blame them at all.
    Says a lot about Trump that he is so obsessed with a group whose sole purpose is confronting Nazis when they emerge from their holes.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    ANTIFA is a name attached to people who are willing to meet Nazis in the street and defeat them. ANTIFAscist. Not nearly as scary as Trump would like it to sound. When the Nazis arrive, so do the anti-fascists. Its a great American tradition to oppose the enemies of democracy. Really cant blame them at all.
    Hmm have you seen what's happening in Portland or what happened in Seattle. The question was even asked by Wallace to Biden yesterday. These groups are there to riot and loot that's it. Racism exists, so does ageism, sexism and just about everything other ism you can think of. However, it hasn't been a big issue in years. The media needed more ammo to take down the republicans. The majority of you commenting are either sheep, to scared to speak your mind or just want to feel like you belong.

Growing up in US or Canada regardless of your race is a privilege. If you feel like in your area there is a race issue or that your community is downtroten you can simply move and get opportunity elsewhere. 90% of the rest of the world is laughing at us and not just because of our ridiculous leadership but because of the fact that are whiny little society makes a big deal out of nothing. Go out their and work hard and good things will happen.

Dobber Sports Genius

"Antifa is short for anti-fascists. The term is used to define a broad group of people whose political beliefs lean toward the left -- often the far left -- but do not conform with the Democratic Party platform. The group doesn't have an official leader or headquarters, although groups in certain states hold regular meetings.

Antifa positions can be hard to define, but many members support oppressed populations and protest the amassing of wealth by corporations and elites. Some employ radical or militant tactics to get their message across.
    Scott Crow, a former Antifa organizer, says the "radical ideals" promoted by Antifas are starting to be adopted by liberals. "They would never have looked at (those ideals) before, because they saw us as the enemy as much as the right-wingers.""

Hmm an Antifa organizer? Regular meetings? And that's coming from the left cease pool that is CNN. But it's not a group...