2. Tim Stuetzle

3. Quinton Byfield

4. Jamie Drysdale

5. Cole Perfetti
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Bob MacKenzie's final draft rankings for 2020

Decisions decisions!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's a great time to have a top 7 pick in fantasy leagues.
    I've seen the same top 7 in almost every prospect gurus list: Laf,Q,Stutzle,Perfetti,Rossi,Raymond + Drysdale.
    BobbyMac's top 11 matches one of recent faves during paywall work for ESPN+ (ChrisPeters).

Sanderson and Quinn have really rocketed up the lists this calendar year.
    Not sure how Sanderson (D) stock plays into fantasy hockey... or if he'll be more Erik Johnson or Alex Pietrangelo...

Perfetti seems to be getting bonafide top5 love from everybody as Raymond & Holtz fall a bit.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

Perfetti seems to be getting bonafide top5 love from everybody as Raymond & Holtz fall a bit.
    It's probably a bit of an NA bias considering there hasn't been hockey played in a while, and the Europeans just had less exposure.
    I agree though that the top few seem to be set. I have a top 7 ranked thus far, and after that it's a bit of a crapshoot.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It's probably a bit of an NA bias considering there hasn't been hockey played in a while, and the Europeans just had less exposure.
    I agree though that the top few seem to be set. I have a top 7 ranked thus far, and after that it's a bit of a crapshoot.
    Keep in mind that MacKenzie's rankings are an accumulative ranking from actual NHL scouts so I dont think it has anything to do with less exposure. All teams have extensive European scouting systems so they are all getting seen, especially those in the top of the generic rankings.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Bob's list is always a strong barometer of what will happen in the NHL draft. I've always wondered what would happen if scouting wasn't so incestuous, would we see less consensus? I do think that hockey allows GMs and front-offices a little more leeway to make out-of-the-box choices than the NBA or NFL, where players are high-profile stars before arriving as professionals so ownership will often weigh in with more authority on selections. Still, consensus and mock drafts still hold a lot of sway over a lot of teams. I am excited for Friday's lottery.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Keep in mind that MacKenzie's rankings are an accumulative ranking from actual NHL scouts so I dont think it has anything to do with less exposure. All teams have extensive European scouting systems so they are all getting seen, especially those in the top of the generic rankings.
    Also good to keep in mind that Bob polls ten scouts who are located in North America and therefore don't get many viewings of the European prospects.

Teams haven't made up their final draft boards yet, so it's not like those scouts are sharing the final draft boards of their team.

We've often seen European prospects get drafted higher than where Bob had them (see Seider and Broberg for example).

EDIT: And it's also good to notice that two of those ten scouts were probably just trolling people because they put Byfield at 6 and Sanderson at 3. I'm pretty sure no one else in the world has ranked them like that, and those two just "happened" to have the same exact wonky ranking.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    We've often seen European prospects get drafted higher than where Bob had them (see Seider and Broberg for example).
    Maybe.
    There's two schools of thought here.
    One... is with regard to those guys being Europeans - and hard for some to value.
    Another... is that those guys are defensemen. Other than Byram last year, the other 9/10 top consensus 2019 prospects were... forwards, IIRC.

General hockey watchers have so much emphasis on viewing scoring... that they don't really know how to weight a good defenseman.
    American football had this issue for years, the glory positions of QB, RB, WR were getting drafted too early. The "production" positions.
    But then GMs realized that less-sexy positions like offensive & defensive line were critical toward team success.

So... that's a trend I see with a lot of "prospect rankers"... they simply love (& are better at) ranking forwards.
    People who love to watch hockey are SO good at talking about offensive skills and not inherently good at recognizing defense.
    Many non-scouts didn't grow up playing any defense (and a LOT of hockey people did not)... then they don't know how to upweight D to their proper value.

The scouts that CAN do that... I think they are highly-valued and with-NHL-teams.
    I do believe Sanderson will go high.
    If the scouts that loved him so much didn't get tapped... we'd think of Sanderson as a 12-16 guy, he'd go 5-10 and... we'd all feel like he Seider-ed his way up the ladder.
    All of Seider, Broberg, Soderstrom were "up-drafted" last year to us common hockey fans.
    But the Flyers also did that with the NA York, taking him in front of Caufield & Newhook & Krebs.
    So it can be reasoned, as a generality, that the elite hockey minds with NHL teams ranked D higher up with F than most public prospect ranks had.

Anyways - not saying the "Euro-undervalue" is incorrect... just saying the "D-undervalue" is also askew.
    Seider, Broberg can't be definitely reasoned into just one of those arguments... it's some amount of both, IMO.
    My 2 cents.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Also good to keep in mind that Bob polls ten scouts who are located in North America and therefore don't get many viewings of the European prospects.

Teams haven't made up their final draft boards yet, so it's not like those scouts are sharing the final draft boards of their team.

EDIT: And it's also good to notice that two of those ten scouts were probably just trolling people because they put Byfield at 6 and Sanderson at 3. I'm pretty sure no one else in the world has ranked them like that, and those two just "happened" to have the same exact wonky ranking.
    Good points.

As far as Byfield at 6 and Sanderson at 3, who really knows who has what. I am sure this time last year we were probably thinking there's no way Seider goes as high as he does either. Different strokes for different folks.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Maybe.
    There's two schools of thought here.
    One... is with regard to those guys being Europeans - and hard for some to value.
    Another... is that those guys are defensemen. Other than Byram last year, the other 9/10 top consensus 2019 prospects were... forwards, IIRC.

General hockey watchers have so much emphasis on viewing scoring... that they don't really know how to weight a good defenseman.
    American football had this issue for years, the glory positions of QB, RB, WR were getting drafted too early. The "production" positions.
    But then GMs realized that less-sexy positions like offensive & defensive line were critical toward team success.

So... that's a trend I see with a lot of "prospect rankers"... they simply love (& are better at) ranking forwards.
    People who love to watch hockey are SO good at talking about offensive skills and not inherently good at recognizing defense.
    Many non-scouts didn't grow up playing any defense (and a LOT of hockey people did not)... then they don't know how to upweight D to their proper value.

The scouts that CAN do that... I think they are highly-valued and with-NHL-teams.
    I do believe Sanderson will go high.
    If the scouts that loved him so much didn't get tapped... we'd think of Sanderson as a 12-16 guy, he'd go 5-10 and... we'd all feel like he Seider-ed his way up the ladder.
    All of Seider, Broberg, Soderstrom were "up-drafted" last year to us common hockey fans.
    But the Flyers also did that with the NA York, taking him in front of Caufield & Newhook & Krebs.
    So it can be reasoned, as a generality, that the elite hockey minds with NHL teams ranked D higher up with F than most public prospect ranks had.

Anyways - not saying the "Euro-undervalue" is incorrect... just saying the "D-undervalue" is also askew.
    Seider, Broberg can't be definitely reasoned into just one of those arguments... it's some amount of both, IMO.
    My 2 cents.
    I wasn't comparing online rankings to draft results, I was comparing Bob's rankings (which are done by polling actual NHL scouts) to draft results. My argument had nothing to do with online scouts like myself.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Comparing apples to oranges.. We all have our own lists, too bad Bobby Mack doesn't have his own!! I lean more to Craig Button's list as he makes his own rankings!!

I think we are going to see Lafreniere, Byfield and Stutzle go 1-2-3, as most think. But after that who knows?? But again, that is just my own opinion. Yzerman at #4 is intriguing.. Does he take Drysdale? Perfetti? Rossi? I would think Ottawa at 5 wants Rossi from the Ottawa 67's..

All in all, c'mon Bob, make your own list. Polling random scouts is pointless!! HaHa!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Comparing apples to oranges.. We all have our own lists, too bad Bobby Mack doesn't have his own!! I lean more to Craig Button's list as he makes his own rankings!!

I think we are going to see Lafreniere, Byfield and Stutzle go 1-2-3, as most think. But after that who knows?? But again, that is just my own opinion. Yzerman at #4 is intriguing.. Does he take Drysdale? Perfetti? Rossi? I would think Ottawa at 5 wants Rossi from the Ottawa 67's..

All in all, c'mon Bob, make your own list. Polling random scouts is pointless!! HaHa!!
    Personally, I will be surprised if Ottawa takes Rossi at 5.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think the Sens grab Stutzle at 3 and then take one of Raymond or Drysdale at 5. With his connections to Michigan, Perfetti to the Wings or *shocker* they draft Sanderson. The Habs love the small guys and they draft Rossi.

The King's twitter account is pretty stoked to grab Quinton at 2.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I think the Sens grab Stutzle at 3 and then take one of Raymond or Drysdale at 5. With his connections to Michigan, Perfetti to the Wings or *shocker* they draft Sanderson. The Habs love the small guys and they draft Rossi.

The King's twitter account is pretty stoked to grab Quinton at 2.
    I see no reference to Byfield on the Kings twitter account. (And I can't recall a team ever tipping their hand on a pick, even when that pick is obvious...)

Dobber Sports Genius

That's the one I was referring to. It was the audience's opinions that I was referring to and not a direct quote from the team. My apologies.

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/1276998742080491520
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.