Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best fantasy landing spot for Lafreniere?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Best fantasy landing spot for Lafreniere?

Hey all,

I own the #1 overall pick in our upcoming rookie draft, and with the NHL lottery on the near horizon, I am wondering which team with a chance at first overall would make for the best fantasy (points only) landing spot for Lafreniere?

I am thinking that ideally it is a team with a strong overall team who may have an opening on the top line and PP for an impact LW such as he.
    As much as I would love to see the Sens land the 1st and 2nd overall picks, Ottawa already has Tkachuk as the top line LW, without a great 2nd line. Detroit has such an opening I think, but they rarely rush their rookies, and Lafreniere may be left to develop longer there than elsewhere.

Anyway, what do you all think? Favorite teams aside, what team with a chance at #1 overall has the both the quality offensively oriented line-mates and room on the top line at LW to give Lafreniere the best chance to shine from a points-only fantasy perspective right out of the gate?
    H2H weekly matchup limited 24 team KEEPER Salary Cap league, goals, assists, wins, SO
    Start 3 LW, 3 C, 3 RW, 6 D, 1 G
    Protect 11 players from 23 man roster each year (projected keepers in bold)

LW N Ehlers, B Tkachuk,LW G Denisenko
    C R Fabbri, F Chytil, J Thornton
    RW T Meier, O Bjorkstrand, F Zadina,
    D C Makar, R Dahlin, Z Werenski, A Fox, J Mahura, Evan Bouchard
    G I Samsonov,

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Best fantasy landing spot for Lafreniere?

I would say the Buffalo Sabres. Getting to play with Eichel I think would be a great fit.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I would say the Buffalo Sabres. Getting to play with Eichel I think would be a great fit.
    Skinner was also a great fit on his line until he was bumped to a depth role. So I wouldn't want Laf ending up in Buffalo. I think Ottawa, LA, Anaheim, and NJ would all be solid landing spots for him and are all somewhat realistic in terms of odds.

Best spot would probably be in Edmonton so you have MacDavid-Laf-guy(Kassian?) and Drai-Nuge-Yams. Although now that I line that out it may mean he has a tough time breaking into the top PP unit there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think that Ottawa wouldn't be a bad spot for him. If he lands in LA that could be real sweet for him and points wise; they have some really strong prospects to build with.
    If NJD wins #1 pick, I can see him doing with either Hischer or Hughes.
    NYR would be an interesting spot too.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Administrator

The problem is all of these teams need additional work which will be done in the coming years. He can land in a spot that isn't so great for a year or two and then suddenly they have the best power play for the next decade.

Based on what we know now Buffalo sounds alright from a fantasy perspective with Eichel in the middle and Dahlin on the blueline. But I have no doubt he'll be the top LW on almost any team before long, and those teams will have more lottery picks in the foreseeable future.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

As long as Laf gets a superstar player next to him (ala Draisaitl or Rantanen), he'll be 90+ pts.

1. Ideal spot, probably NJ (for me). He'll wing either with Hischier or with Jack Hughes. PP1 with those two (& eventually Ty Smith) will be great.
    2. Buffalo too, I agree. Eichel Dahlen. That's probably my #2.
    3. Detroit with Larkin & Zadina, possibly... Seider running the PP1. Maybe Mantha, if still around, to fill out the PP1.
    4. Ottawa is fine because they'll have two top 6 picks (so likely taking one of Q, Stutzle, Perfetti, Rossi, too) and already have B.Tkachuk & Chabot.
    5. Anaheim has Zegras coming.

LA is probably the only high-odds team I worry about.
    They've got a deep pool, but I don't know if Turcotte or Kaliyev are gonna be elite level linemates/PP-mates.

Administrator

I don't see too many landing spots that wouldn't be favourable for him. If the hype is correct then he'll be a driving force for whatever team he lands on regardless of teammates. Plug and play.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well this lottery result certainly puts an interesting twist on this question. It is now open to 16 teams:

dream fits: Pittsburgh, Edmonton, NY Islanders, Toronto, Vancouver

decent: Calgary, Carolina, Florida, Montreal, NY Rangers, Chicago, Winnipeg

not as good: Nashville, Columbus, Arizona, Minnesota

My main considerations were will there be an opening on the first line and power play, and a legit number 1 center to put him with.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's open to more than those 16, honestly. Teams with 2 high picks or a high pick and another pick could make a deal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Well this lottery result certainly puts an interesting twist on this question. It is now open to 16 teams:

dream fits: Pittsburgh, Edmonton, NY Islanders, Toronto, Vancouver

decent: Calgary, Carolina, Florida, Montreal, NY Rangers, Chicago, Winnipeg

not as good: Nashville, Columbus, Arizona, Minnesota

My main considerations were will there be an opening on the first line and power play, and a legit number 1 center to put him with.
    So can someone explain how this will work now. After the "play-ins", all the losers go into the bowl and one name is pulled and that's your lottery winner? Is that it? Then the rest go to the back of the lottery players from last night based on final standings?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So can someone explain how this will work now. After the "play-ins", all the losers go into the bowl and one name is pulled and that's your lottery winner? Is that it? Then the rest go to the back of the lottery players from last night based on final standings?
    Basically.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Basically.
    Ok, good stuff. That's what I expected. It's some pile of stupid that someone who has a chance to win the Cup, could also win the draft lottery. I realize that the teams that move on aren't in the running but everyone in the playoffs/play-ins right now has a chance at both.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

if the Penguins get that pick it is straight collusion.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yes! It's Schroedinger's Season, simultaneously dead and alive at the same time. 16 teams are now both competing for the Stanley Cup and the #1 pick. This from the league that brought you the loser point, and the standings page where every team is above .500. Honestly, I'm throwing some shade but I love this.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    if the Penguins get that pick it is straight collusion.
    Oilers? LOL

Worse, the Leafs. God knows they can't win a playoff series so they are right there too.