Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brady Tkachuk trade (another)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Brady Tkachuk trade (another)

Hey all, this is for the team in my signature. I'm pretty close to pulling a big trade out of my hat to get Brady, bearing in mind the team that has him is rebuilding and Brady was 8th in FPTS this season out of all skaters and goalies.

He wants one of Mantha or Hertl and Kakko, Batherson, Sorokin for him. He would have to drop a couple of players so I could probably get some weaker prospect returned but I'm looking at countering with one of Hertl/Mantha, Kakko and a weaker prospect like Tippett.

First of all, who would you prefer to trade Mantha or Hertl next, do you think I'm giving up too much in this trade? I think it helps me a lot now and in the future, I don't think Kakko ever gets as good as Tkachuk in this league.

The way I see it, is it's giving up a bunch of maybes (minus Mantha/Hertl) for a guaranteed stud.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Brady Tkachuk trade (another)

Just to be clear, you'd be giving up Sorokin, Kakko, Batherson and one of Matha or Hertl for Brady Tkachuk?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Just to be clear, you'd be giving up Sorokin, Kakko, Batherson and one of Matha or Hertl for Brady Tkachuk?
    That's what he suggested, yes, I'm going to try and slim it down to one of Mantha/Hertl and Kakko, Tippett or something similar.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    That's what he suggested, yes, I'm going to try and slim it down to one of Mantha/Hertl and Kakko, Tippett or something similar.
    I will be in the overpayment section of the groupings on this offer. Sure BTkachuk is a solid young asset, but holy crap that's a lot to pay.

If it's me, I'd send him the counter you're considering and if he declines, tell him thanks for his time. He's smoking a big hooch if he thinks Tkachuk is worth that much as his original offer.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I will be in the overpayment section of the groupings on this offer. Sure BTkachuk is a solid young asset, but holy crap that's a lot to pay.

If it's me, I'd send him the counter you're considering and if he declines, tell him thanks for his time. He's smoking a big hooch if he thinks Tkachuk is worth that much as his original offer.
    Yeah definitely won't give up that much, he did tell me he is one player he doesn't want to trade haha. If I can get him on my trade, who would you prefer to let go Hertl or Mantha, I'm thinking Hertl as I think he gets made into a C only next season on Fantrax.

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess it depends on where your teams strenghts and weaknesses are. I'd say let him choose to be honest. Either way, if he is saying he doesn't want to trade Tkachuk, I can see why he's asking for what he asked for. He's basically telling you the only way your getting him if is you offer me something stupid and make it so I simply cant say no.

Personally, I love Ferrari's and I'd love to own one, but I don't because I am not stupid enough to pay for one.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Haha yeah I get you, I'll see if i can get it for my deal, if not I'll cancel.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Would rather give up Hertl here as well. His near point a game season two years ago his shooting percentage was not sustainable. See him more as a 0.75 ppg center, and like you mentioned if he has only center eligibility that hurts you as well. Whereas Mantha is a beast and may still breakout to another level, as he hasn't even yet hit the breakout threshold for games played for big guys, and he is a supremely talented scorer on a Detroit team that should be getting better.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hertl/Tippett

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would try to get Tkachuk but wouldn't give up Sorokin or Batherson to do it.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hertl, Bathreson I'd be willing to part with. You have two teams listed in your sig, neither I can open (it's my comp) depending on what your G situation is, including Sorokin is something I would consider.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Hertl, Bathreson I'd be willing to part with. You have two teams listed in your sig, neither I can open (it's my comp) depending on what your G situation is, including Sorokin is something I would consider.

He was considering Hertl, Kakko and Tippett but he wasn't sure so it looks like that's off for now. Not sure I want to give more than that.

Sorry you can't get into the doc - it's the San Jose team (edited my signature to make it easier to see both my teams lol - seeing as you can't open maybe that didn't work so well haha) goalies are Hart, Vasilevsky and Binnington - Sorokin in the minors, so definitely ok with goalies.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Alright so it’s my San Jose team and I’ve got the deal down to this

Hertl, Kakko and one of these six

Sorokin, Brannstrom or Quinn Hughes (if I add one of these it’s a done deal, Hughes is a no though)

With a maybe on Boldy, Batherson or Podkolzin (might have to add something small like a late pick with these)

Any thoughts on this

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Do not give up Quinn Hughes!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Do not give up Quinn Hughes!!!

Oh I won't haha, even if people suggested here I would still probably be against it, too good.