Thread: ZOOM Conference Meetings for Fantasy Hockey - Have You?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default ZOOM Conference Meetings for Fantasy Hockey - Have You?

Just curious - have any of you ever held live face-to-face internet conference calls with your leagueGMs?
    Did you find it a fun, healthy experience... or did it flush out any negativity?

The WHL is considering having our first ever face-to-face GM meeting (with up to 24 league GMs + 1 neutral lottery-runner) this Friday, June 26th, during the NHL aired lottery.
    Looking for any insights on things that could make it a more pleasureable experience for our league members!

Thanks!

Administrator

Default Re: ZOOM Conference Meetings for Fantasy Hockey - Have You?

No meetings with fantasy leagues but I do work meetings daily (7-10 people) and we already sometimes have issues with people talking over each other unknowingly. I can only imagine with 25 people. You'll need clear rules in place about people muting themselves and speaking one at a time.

I wouldn't worry about any negative feelings. That would speak more to the character of the people creating the drama and wouldn't take away from the benefit of having a real league meeting.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

sounds like fun , put a face to the name .

Dobber Sports Ninja

We have not done Zoom specifically, but definitely integrated more live chats, videos etc, and it has been great. Forcing people to step out from behind the keyboard and in front of a camera has the benefit of humanizing people and forcing everyone to remember that we are all people.

As far as Zoom, you're smart enough that you probably know all this already, but my experience with it is to have someone run the show, and have them set everyone else on mute, allowing for people to only speak when they are unmuted. Otherwise it can quickly turn into a gong show.