Thread: Teravainen vs Elias Lindholm

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Teravainen vs Elias Lindholm

Considering trading for Teravainen as I already have two flames in Lindholm & Monohan. With our H2H weekly schedule it might be good to have a Carolina player with similar upside as an option because of schedules. Safe trade or should I just keep Lindholm?
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Teravainen vs Elias Lindholm

I might have asked you this before in a previous thread (I cant remember) but your sig says H2H points. What categories do you reward points for and what do you give for each category? Is it one point for each cat or does it vary depending on the category?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I always assumed H2H means head to head with other gm's ( we play 3 other gm's each week, whoever has the highest point total for that week gets 2 point per win if that makes sense) but maybe that isn't the case? We just get 1 point for goal and 1 point for assist
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersyFan View Post
    I always assumed H2H means head to head with other gm's ( we play 3 other gm's each week, whoever has the highest point total for that week gets 2 point per win if that makes sense) but maybe that isn't the case? We just get 1 point for goal and 1 point for assist
    Yes, you're going H2H against another GM for a week (normally) but I've seen many setups that have a multi-category format that includes things like hits, blocks, PPP, SOG, etc that may have varying values. For example, goals may be worth more than assists, and things like hits and blocks may only be worth 0.5 pts. It can get a bit confusing at times.

Basically, you're a points only format (G and A) and who ever scores the most goals and assists wins. I probably mis-read your signature and got confused.

Personally, owning two players from one team doesn't bother me as long as both are productive, which both Monahan and Lindholm have proven to be just that.

Comparing them and averaging their offense the past three seasons, Teravainen averages 0.875 ppg. Lindholm averages 0.758 ppg. Granted one of those seasons for Lindhom was in Carolina and we've seen a nice spike in his production now that he's in Calgary. I am sure his average will continue to climb there.

Long and short of it, I see this as a push. If owning two players from one team bothers you, I dont see a reason why you shouldn't make this trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice!

Dobber Sports Pro

Pretty close either way. I recently traded Teravainen for Lindholm in my points only league and was able to get a couple round pick upgrade out of it.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Key question for me regarding schedules: do you set your lineup for the week, or nightly?

If for the week, I don't mind owning two players on same team as you can load them up on weeks where they play 3 or 4 times, and sit them when they play only twice, especially with no positional requirements for forwards.

If you set them nightly, I see having two guys on the same team as a bigger problem, especially if they play the same position, as you will limit your overall starts.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Key question for me regarding schedules: do you set your lineup for the week, or nightly?

If for the week, I don't mind owning two players on same team as you can load them up on weeks where they play 3 or 4 times, and sit them when they play only twice, especially with no positional requirements for forwards.

If you set them nightly, I see having two guys on the same team as a bigger problem, especially if they play the same position, as you will limit your overall starts.
    Its weekly

Dobber Sports Genius

In points only I’d give a slight edge to TT
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Since you set weekly, I'm going to say this likely doesn't matter - they are in the same range for me. If it was daily, and you were tight on roster spots, I'd be more willing to gain the flexibility.

Do it or not, should be ok.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.