Thread: Dubois & Primeau for Mantha

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dubois & Primeau for Mantha

Hey all, same stats as signature but different league, see team here; https://imgur.com/cK4uils

I've been offered Dubois and Primeau for Mantha, which would you prefer?

I am thinking I'd rather stick with Mantha here, my goalies are all young, Dubois is a stud though and until this year, Mantha wasn't better.

Here is a screenshot of them compared next to each other; https://gyazo.com/d6b465297e35e1fae5f1c9476bd91d54
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Dubois & Primeau for Mantha

Seems fair. Not saying you should take it, though. DuBois is a pure center, which is easier to fill.

Let's say Primeau is Montreal's backup in the next 2 years. Can you get him into the lineup by moving him up from minors and then back down? How long can he stay there? This is a win if they move Price, and Primeau gets the job, but that's murky.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Seems fair. Not saying you should take it, though. DuBois is a pure center, which is easier to fill.

Let's say Primeau is Montreal's backup in the next 2 years. Can you get him into the lineup by moving him up from minors and then back down? How long can he stay there? This is a win if they move Price, and Primeau gets the job, but that's murky.
    Minor goalies can stay in minors until 60GP but once they're 'Graduated' they must stay in the active team for the season, however, you can bring up minors for injuries, so if I had any injuries he could come up temporarily then be sent back down.

I've been trying to take yours and Axe's advice from my rebuild post but it's proving really challenging to trade for older players (28-30) who can help me now. So given my team is very much going to be not competing for 1-2 seasons at a minimum I feel like Dubois fits my timeline better (and Primeau gives my a viable trade option or backup if one of Sorokin/Samsonov/Murray don't come good (or get good again).

I did however manage to move Jokiharju, I traded Joki and Poehling for Fiala and a 2nd rounder 2021 - Thoughts?
    Poehling hasn't impressed me in the AHL or NHL and Joki is stuck behind a whole bunch of people in Buffalo. I did also drop Pilut to make room for Tyler Tullio on my minors.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont mind the trade for you. To be honest, looking at your roster, you need help at center more than you do on the wing. You must be near the bottom of the league in FOW just looking at what I am seeing here. The numbers shared in your OP are a tad skewed though because of the games missed by Mantha. His average ppg is better than Dubois' but that's nothing too serious. The only thing I am not sure on is the bump he's offering in Primeau. Do goalies even have much value in your league?

On a side note, did you already do your prospect draft?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont mind the trade for you. To be honest, looking at your roster, you need help at center more than you do on the wing. You must be near the bottom of the league in FOW just looking at what I am seeing here. The numbers shared in your OP are a tad skewed though because of the games missed by Mantha. His average ppg is better than Dubois' but that's nothing too serious. The only thing I am not sure on is the bump he's offering in Primeau. Do goalies even have much value in your league?

On a side note, did you already do your prospect draft?

Good points, goalies are somewhat important but not overly. We had 3 or 4 in the top 50 (2 in top 20) last season and yes, we've done our draft already. We always do it before the real prospect draft, usually we know where people are picking etc so it's a bit easier but we all were available on one night so we did a draft night on twitch live.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post

I did however manage to move Jokiharju, I traded Joki and Poehling for Fiala and a 2nd rounder 2021 - Thoughts?
    Poehling hasn't impressed me in the AHL or NHL and Joki is stuck behind a whole bunch of people in Buffalo. I did also drop Pilut to make room for Tyler Tullio on my minors.
    I like this deal a lot for you. Guys who aren't impressing you, are prime pieces to move to recoup picks. So 2nd rounder + guy you picked up > Poehling.

I also like grabbing Fiala, as he seems to have broken out, and you're getting him for a defender who hasn't broken out, and will be in tough to get any sort of top role without a trade of himself or multiple guys in front of him.

Too many Sabres D: Problem solved!
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks ya'll! I got the deal done in the end. With the two trades I've made my team is already looking much healthier.