Thread: Binnington+ for B. Tkachuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Binnington+ for B. Tkachuk

Same stats as in Sig but a different league. Brady is my best prospect, picked at 4th O/A.

He has offered me Binnington, 1st round 2021, + 2nd 2021. He finished 5th in 2020, and I in 6th, in a 12 team H2H league.

I have Hart and Rittich, missing a 3rd goalie. Currently I was dressing Dell as the 3rd. Goalie prospects include Gustavsson, Hill, J.Johansson, Knight and Luukonen.

My scoring crew includes Ovie, Kopitar, Hall, Kadri, Marchessault, and Pacioretty. I am one of those that think Brady is in the same calibre and will put up similar numbers, good high ceiling.

What am I missing? Should I not just jump and press ACCEPT, or did I miss something during the Corona shutdown. Not sure what happened that would cause him to trade away a Stanley Cup goalie, and 2 picks.

I miss my hockey news, but then again we all had other things to worry about for the last 3 months.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Binnington+ for B. Tkachuk

Quote Originally Posted by northernnuck View Post
    Same stats as in Sig but a different league. Brady is my best prospect, picked at 4th O/A.

He has offered me Binnington, 1st round 2021, + 2nd 2021. He finished 5th in 2020, and I in 6th, in a 12 team H2H league.

I have Hart and Rittich, missing a 3rd goalie. Currently I was dressing Dell as the 3rd. Goalie prospects include Gustavsson, Hill, J.Johansson, Knight and Luukonen.

My scoring crew includes Ovie, Kopitar, Hall, Kadri, Marchessault, and Pacioretty. I am one of those that think Brady is in the same calibre and will put up similar numbers, good high ceiling.

What am I missing? Should I not just jump and press ACCEPT, or did I miss something during the Corona shutdown. Not sure what happened that would cause him to trade away a Stanley Cup goalie, and 2 picks.

I miss my hockey news, but then again we all had other things to worry about for the last 3 months.
    A few things I would note/need to know here:

- The 2021 draft isn't that great, Raty is considered the top propspect but not at a Franchise level, on most 3-5 year boards he wasn't even in the top 10 (keep in mind, this is including people who are way off yet whereas Raty is one year and that could change).

- How much does hits do? If hits are valued at 1pt then Brady Tkachuk could become one of the most valuable players in your league at one point imo, if they're 0.5, he is still a stud but perhaps not as much.

- How much are goalies worth? How many goalies were in the top 20 players last year would be nice to know.

- You have some good goalie prospects coming through, do you not have anyone on Free Agency you cap tap into for there final few years that won't hinder you too much? Or could you trade for the Philly tandem duo or Calgary tandem duo? They would be a lot less and guarantee you a start everytime one of these teams play

- We have to remember that Binnington won't play every game for STL, and on days with 3 goalies, you'll be choosing 2 of them (I assume) to play so he might not play then either. Whereas Tkachuk is going to be in your lineup every game Ottawa plays and if they get a solid draft, they could be a force on the top line next season.

- All in all, this could be a very good offer or a terrible offer imo but there are too many variables at the moment to know for sure, I think whatever you do, it'll be a bit of a gamble. A bit more info and we'll be able to help a lot more though
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dayum. Makes me think that I did not do enough homework. LOL

Yeah, a lot of things change in a year when it comes to draft, and not having a Mem Cup to at least try and see how much time the youngest kids get, let alone ranked kids, is concerning, but WJC is still (?) on deck so ......

Sitting at 0.5, and yes that is a consideration to keep him.

Only 1 goalie in the Top 20, Hellebuyck, and 3 in Top 50, Binnington was 59th. Brady was 34th. Draisaitl was first with 902pts, Hellebuyck with 684, and Binnington with 542. Tkachuk had 577.

Elliot, Hutton, and Talbot are available.

Your 50/50 observation is exactly where I was at before this post. It may come down to a roughly 5th and 17th O/A pick as a blessing, or my 3rd goalie backed up by 'reasonably good' prospects.

Wicked. Thank you.
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dayum. Makes me think that I did not do enough homework. LOL

Yeah, a lot of things change in a year when it comes to draft, and not having a Mem Cup to at least try and see how much time the youngest kids get, let alone ranked kids, is concerning, but WJC is still (?) on deck so ......

Sitting at 0.5, and yes that is a consideration to keep him.

Only 1 goalie in the Top 20, Hellebuyck, and 3 in Top 50, Binnington was 59th. Brady was 34th. Draisaitl was first with 902pts, Hellebuyck with 684, and Binnington with 542. Tkachuk had 577.

Elliot, Hutton, and Talbot are available.

Your 50/50 observation is exactly where I was at before this post. It may come down to a roughly 5th and 17th O/A pick as a blessing, or my 3rd goalie backed up by 'reasonably good' prospects.

Wicked. Thank you.

Yeah see at this point, knowing Binners didn't even get ahead of Tkachuk in the standings I wouldn't say it's worth it. BT is what, 20? I keep BT knowing all of this personally. You've got to keep in mind that even though Binners had only 30 points less, when you factor in how many times you might have dropped him because of a more favourable matchup for Hart/Rittich then it probably drops below 500 points he actually gets you.

If we know that pick would be top 3-4 then I'd be more inclined towards it, but you're giving him a stud... Whats his goalie situation like? That's another thing that might help, ie is he still going to be solid on goalies after this? If he loses a top goalie and only has 2 mediocre ones left then he likely doesn't get any better (if not he gets worse) but if hes got stud goalies still, you're basically just making him stronger, when he already finished above you.

I kind of realize I'm going back and forth here, but ultimately, unless you can guarantee a top 4 pick then I would say it's not worth it - and you can't, so no go for me.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Apprentice

To reinforce your comments, he has Vasi and Helle.
    TEAM 1

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah imo he's trying to pull the ole 'i didn't finish that high last year, so my pick is worth a lot' but knows another good piece to replace goalie is going to catapult him up there (most likely) I'm relatively inexperienced here compared to the likes of Eskimo, Steve, Axeman and others, so maybe wait for there input too but I would be sticking with what you have for now.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd likely pass. I see it as follows:

1. You don't need 3 good goalies to compete. You do need 2, and it would help a lot if you have a 3rd who is reliable for starts or ratios. Aaron Dell is... not that guy, although this past season he was a reasonable facsimile. I agree with Jay that locking up a backup to one of your starters would be better, because while Binnington is going to get more starts than them, and better ratios, you may not start him every day, as Jay said.

2. More importantly, Brady is a Tkachuk. If you aren't old enough to remember Keith (the brother's dad), trust me, they are like him. Scoring, hitting, chippiness, etc. I suggest you check out some of the Ramblings that mention him or his brother, bcause they are going to be very, very good in your format. They already are good.

If you can dominate in skaters it's more reliable, and a way to consistently make the playoffs. Can you have years where you come up short, because your goalies aren't good, or theirs are stellar? Absolutely. It's happened to me a ton of times in the league in sig: I've lost a playoff series due to an opposing goalie putting up shutouts in back-to-back weeks.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

He has the same problem too many goalies so he doesn't benefit from Binnington. You would be doing a big favour for him, where he really isn't losing many active points from his 3rd string goalie. I would be keeping Tkachuk in this format like everyone else is saying. You just need to find a fill in 3rd goalie. Get the backups for your goalies, in case of injuries.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

I like the idea of getting Binnington but I dont like the idea of trading Tkachuk to get him. For me, I love Hart but I dont love Rittich. He has yet to establish himself as a true #1 in Calgary and has been hot and cold there. If anything, he should be your #3, not your #2. I'd try another way to get Binnington from him without having to give up Tkachuk. Take out the picks from the Binnington offer and just ask what it would cost for Binnington alone. That should help lower the asking price coming your way and should eliminate a player like Tkachuk having to go out on your end.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."