Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranking: Fiala-Konecny-Yamamoto-Vrana

Dobber Sports Rookie

Question Ranking: Fiala-Konecny-Yamamoto-Vrana

Hi Guys,

In a only point league, which guy would you pick between Konecny, Vrana, Fiala and Yamamoto for years to come? Can you rank them please?

Thank you very much

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Ranking: Fiala-Konecny-Yamamoto-Vrana

Welcome to the forum

I would rank them:

Yamamoto (playing with mcdavid or
    Draisaitl is going to be tremendous for his point total)
    Konecny (
    I don't know if he is a 50 points player or a PPG like last year.)
    Fiala (I like the fact that he MIGHT play with Kaprizov and I like he's style of play)

Vrana (I just don't like him. Feel like he has less of an impact)
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Titan

I would go:
    Konecny
    Fiala
    Yams
    Vrana

But it is pretty close between all of them.
    Last edited by Eskimo Brother; July 11, 2020 at 7:44 PM.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

I think that Yamamoto could be a homerun, but my only concern is that he dosen't get much of PP1 ice time...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

1 - Imo, I think Yamamoto's upside is quite appealing.

2- I do think Konecny will be close to a PPG player.

3- Having watched a lot a Caps games last year, I think overlooking Vrana is a mistake. He can be a game changer and he barely got 1PP time. Pretty sure he'll get to 75-80 pts soon (2-3 seasons).

4- I must admit that I didn't get the chance to see a lot of Fiala last year, but the fact that he'll play with Kaprizov for years to come is huge.

All in all, these players are all good choices. Safest bet for me is Knoecny

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For me it's Konecny and it's not really that close. I would rank as following:

Konecny

Yamamoto
    Fiala
    Vrana

Yamamoto is certainly a wildcard here, but not sure if he can maintain the torrid pace he put up in a small sample size last year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Konecny
    Fiala
    Vrana
    Yamamoto

The first two have proven that they can carry the play for long stretches.
    I actually like Vrana and I think he'll become a fixture in Washington before long.
    Yamamoto has looked good, but small sample and I have less faith with players who need a superstar to produce.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Yamamoto has looked good, but small sample and I have less faith with players who need a superstar to produce.
    Devil's advocate here, we don't really know if he needs a superstar to produce. As you said the sample size is small, but he has the pedigree to produce without others driving things. Time will tell I suppose, but it's not like this is Joe Nobody who lucked out and got plunked on Draisatl's line.

My ranking:

Konecny
    Yamamoto
    Fiala
    Vrana

But a caveat here that I think they are pretty close and any of the four could rise to the top of the pile.

Dobber Sports Ace

I like that these 4 were put together as I feel there will be a mid round of my next draft where I will have to choose one of them. 1-year league, I'll go with Fiala, Konecny, Yamamoto, Vrana. This changes quickly if Vrana sustains pp1. It will be interesting to see how close they are in 3 years... I predict it will be Konecny, Fiala, Vrana, Yamamoto then, but I wonder if one or two or even three of these guys will fall well below Konecny.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for making the thread! I have Konecny, Yama and Fiala on my team and have to pick 2 of 3.

It's hard to gauge Yama as he was on such a hot streak since his call up. Like another user said his potential is tied to his long term use on the PP.

Konecny also did amazing 5v5 and needs pp time also to hit his ceiling. It's a question mark if he will get it. But if he does I think he could be the best of the bunch here.

Fiala had an amazing year. But that was with Parise and Staal going off for good bits of it too. Who knows if that will happen again and when Kaprizov will come over. I heard he's staying at least anothsr year? Gotta make the decisions for now and not too far in advance.

Konecny

Yama
    Fiala

Vrana

Vrana could definitely be In the top tier. But his path to top pp consistently is the most unclear of the 4.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like Yamamoto to continue his strong play now that MacDavid and Draistl have their own lines and he's a top 6 winger. Konency, Fiala and Vrana would be my order for the others.
    12 team league HTH Dynasty (Yahoo)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-,PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, H, W, GAA, Sv, Sv%, SHO
    Roster: C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,W,F,F,F, D,D,D,D,D, UTIL,UTIL, G,G, 9 BN, 5 IR, 5 IR+, 5 NA
    Farm: 7 players (Threshold 100 GP Players' 50 GP Goalies)
    Players (25 Keepers):
    C Nugent-Hopkins, Aho, Crosby, Giroux, Kuznetzov
    LW: JT Miller, Evander Kane, Domi, Benn
    RW: Killorn, Yamamoto, Pastrnak, Marner
    D: Letang, Girard, Klefbaum, Theodore, Ekman- Larsson
    G Grubauer, Francouz, Fleury, Lehner, Nedeljkovic, Crawford
    Farm (5 Keeepers):
    Valimaki, Turcotte, Krebs, Gauthier, Dobson
    On bubble: Armia, Andreas Johnsson, Annunen (G), Delia (G)

Dobber Sports Novice

Hope you guys don't mind me reviving this thread, but I'm in a similar situation where I own Bjorkstrand and could trade for one of Vrana, Yama, Fiala to keep.

Right now I'm leaning Bjork/Fiala, any further thoughts on this mix or where Bjorkstrand is in here? Sorry, I know his name is popping up left and right but I have to ask!

edit: Hey for the hell of it, the other guys I'm considering keeping with those 2 slots are Kuznetsov, Ehlers, Grubaur

Stats are: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG.. W, GAA, SV%, SO
    Yahoo 10 Team Keeper League - Keep 8

Cats: G, A, PTS, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SO

C- Barkov, Bergeron, Kuznetsov
    RW- Marner, Bjorkstrand, Ehlers
    LW- Marchand, Nugent-Hopkins, Dadonov
    D- Karlsson, DeAngelo, Provorov, Heiskanen
    G- Vasilevskiy, Grubaur

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Nolem View Post
    Hope you guys don't mind me reviving this thread, but I'm in a similar situation where I own Bjorkstrand and could trade for one of Vrana, Yama, Fiala to keep.

Right now I'm leaning Bjork/Fiala, any further thoughts on this mix or where Bjorkstrand is in here? Sorry, I know his name is popping up left and right but I have to ask!

edit: Hey for the hell of it, the other guys I'm considering keeping with those 2 slots are Kuznetsov, Ehlers, Grubaur

Stats are: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG.. W, GAA, SV%, SO
    I think I would put Fiala a touch ahead of Bjorkstrand, but they are pretty close.

I think two of Kuz, Ehlers, Grubauer deserve those spots first.

Can you trade some of those players?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the reply. So I'm in a 10-team league, keep 8.

Marchand, Marner, Vasilevski, Barkov, Karlsson, DeAngelo, Bergeron, Nuge .. .those are currently my 8 keeps. I'm trying to trade DeAngelo for a keeper slot to open up 2 add'l keeps and was thinking of taking homerun swings on Bjorkstrand and Fiala rather than the known commodities of Kuz,Ehlers,Grubaur. Reasons basically would be that a) I have the best goalie in the league already, and Grubes couldn't hang on to his net this year b) Ehlers I absolutely have loved since he was drafted, but he can't break the stacked Winnipeg PP1 which really limits him, and c) Kuz had such a bad year that he left a sour taste in my mouth, and C have less value than W in this pool just due to supply of strong options (also no certainty that he plays with Ovi 5on5 OR gets his PP1 back.)

I've tried trading these guys away, but the stacked teams can't afford to take anyone on and the bad teams are too bad to understand the value of these guys I think (that or they've already traded away all of their picks/anything of value.)
    Yahoo 10 Team Keeper League - Keep 8

Cats: G, A, PTS, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SO

C- Barkov, Bergeron, Kuznetsov
    RW- Marner, Bjorkstrand, Ehlers
    LW- Marchand, Nugent-Hopkins, Dadonov
    D- Karlsson, DeAngelo, Provorov, Heiskanen
    G- Vasilevskiy, Grubaur

Dobber Sports Ace

@Nolem: If I am reading this correctly, you're asking for a comparison between Kuznetsov, Ehlers, Fiala, and Bjorkstrand.

I think that I would rank them Kuznetsov > Fiala > Ehlers > Bjorkstrand. Honestly, Ehlers might be the best of the bunch, but with the tremendous amount of talent on Winnipeg, he's going to be held back for another season or two, I would think.