Thread: Stamkos Trade (Yes Stamkos, remember him?) Need opinion on value of trade

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Stamkos Trade (Yes Stamkos, remember him?) Need opinion on value of trade

16 team league. 25 minor spots. Scoring really comes down to Point Per Game (multiple scoring categories, get averaged out). Can post if necessary. My Roster will be listed below all of this.

I am in the midst of re-building/retooling. The other team says they are going for it.

I offered up:

Stamkos and Sorokin (I have Hart/Shesty/Samsonov/Swayman as my goaltending for the long run).

for

Larkin, Dobson, 2021 1st round pick (which would be mine; was traded prior to me taking over the team last season).

Would I be underselling Sorokin if and when he "Officially" signs with the Islanders? I understand I have a plethora of goaltending. But isnt that a good thing, maybe wait?

Another option would be to take out Sorokin and offer up another player.

My Roster is below:

Brayden Point
    Steven Stamkos
    Chris Kreider
    Anthony Mantha
    Artemi Panarin
    Matthew Tkachuk
    Adam Fox
    Esa Lindell
    Charlie McAvoy
    Dmitry Orlov
    Filip Chytil
    Dylan Strome
    C,W-CHI
    Nick Suzuki
    Alex Nylander
    Ondrej Palat
    Jakub Voracek
    Kailer Yamamoto
    Nick Leddy
    Alex Newhook
    Samuel Fagemo
    Kirill Kaprizov
    Klim Kostin
    Vitali Kravtsov
    Jordan Kyrou
    Kirill Marchenko
    Vasili Podkolzin
    Patrik Puistola
    Evan Bouchard
    Kale Clague
    Zachary Jones
    Mikko Lehtonen
    Nils Lundkvist
    K'Andre Miller
    Ty Smith
    Cam York
    Carter Hart
    Pekka Rinne
    Henrik Lundqvist
    Casey DeSmith
    Jon Gillies
    Ilya Konovalov
    Olivier Rodrigue
    Ilya Samsonov
    Igor Shesterkin
    Ilya Sorokin
    Jeremy Swayman

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Stamkos Trade (Yes Stamkos, remember him?) Need opinion on value of trade

Have you shopped Stamkos and Sorokin around the league? I feel like you could do better.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Stamkos Trade (Yes Stamkos, remember him?) Need opinion on value of trade

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Have you shopped Stamkos and Sorokin around the league? I feel like you could do better.
    I am watching your advice closely on Stamkos there EB

I also feel like Stamkos is worth a lot more than what you are getting offered in this deal. Hold on to Stamkos if this is the best you can get.

If you are looking at getting younger, I think you need to look at moving Lundqvist and Rinne rather than Stamkos.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't do that unless that 1st rounder is a very high pick. You're giving the better active player and the better prospect by quite a margin just to get a gamble in the first round. I know, good draft class and all, but you'd be punting your chances right now just for some vague future asset imo. There's still many a formerly hyped top 10 pick out there that's turned out into nothing.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I wouldn't do that unless that 1st rounder is a very high pick. You're giving the better active player and the better prospect by quite a margin just to get a gamble in the first round. I know, good draft class and all, but you'd be punting your chances right now just for some vague future asset imo. There's still many a formerly hyped top 10 pick out there that's turned out into nothing.
    Sometimes too much emphasis is placed on rebuilding, going younger. The guys to move are Lundqvist, Rinne. If you’re set on moving Stamkos, Sorokin, the advice from EB is spot on. Shop them for a better deal or keep them.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah, this isn’t a good deal for you. Probably don’t move them at all, or at least make sure you have a few GMs bid for them!
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't like this.

Sorokin isn't a guy to move. If you want to move a young goalie with Stamkos, Swayman is your guy, because he's the one of them that is most likely "just a guy" in the NHL. If you want to move a guy with some name recognition value that isn't actually that good, Esa Lindell is your man.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.