Thread: Josi + for Ziba and Burns

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Josi + for Ziba and Burns

Hey!
    First off, thanks to everyone for taking the time of frequently giving your inputs to my keeper-related question. It is appreciated and I hope I am not flooding the threads unnecessarily with my numerous requests for help hahaha.

I am searching for ways to shed keeper players in the second league in sig. The latest offer on the table is :

Josi + Bergeron + Ehlers for Zibanejad and Burns

Personally I don't mind sending Bergeron in any kind of deal that can bring me some value back because I won't keep him and the market for overaged forwards is scarce. My dilemna revolves around swapping Josi for Burns in my D slot. I know the consensus seems to be that Burns is entering his decline, but if he can bring 50-60pts for a few years and Josi 'regresses' to the ~60pts the deal becomes interesting in my eyes.

An alternative would be for me to find a way to include Hall in the trade on his side ; I wouldn't mind getting rid of Backstrom for example.

All inputs are appreciated, thanks!
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Josi + for Ziba and Burns

Man that's tough. Ehlers almost looks inconsequential in this deal. So really the question is, does the difference in Zibs to Bergeron make up for the difference in Josi to Burns, and do the values compare as Cs vs D.

Maybe my bias is showing, but with Zibs being a bit of a bandaid boy too, I think the difference between 70 games of each of the centres is less than the difference in the 80 games from each of the Dmen.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

pass, all Ehlers needs is PP1 and Wheeler is going to decline soon enough.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Clear pass for me. Given the age gap and the status of the clear no 1 PP guy (no Karlsson around in NSH..), Josi has more value than Burns by now. I'd rather have Zib than Bergeron, but can't say the gap is bigger than between the two Ds. So basically I'd call it an even deal without Ehlers...
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

After some negotiations, here is the offer on the table:
    Krug Barrie Bergeron for Ziba and Burns

Would it make more sense according to you guys? For me Zibanejad is the best player of the deal and I don't aim on keeping Bergeron in the first place. This would also make room to keep either Bjorkstrand or Hronek, so Krug Barrie Bergeron for Ziba Burns and Bjork/Hronek
    G Shesterkin Samsonov

Dobber Sports Superstar

honestly I am not about it but if you pull the trigger I get it. Idk I just do not like Burns age and you losing two of your defenders that I do not think he can make up for. Bjork is getting a lot of hype and deservedly so based on production when he plays but he has yet to fully put it together and health something to keep in mind. You get Mika and then you're keeping four centers I presume. Hronek I like but that team is god awful and he won't be scoring like Krug or Barrie anytime soon IMO.

Rather than make the deal perhaps you just not keep Barrie and use that slot on one of Bjork or Hronek.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    After some negotiations, here is the offer on the table:
    Krug Barrie Bergeron for Ziba and Burns

Would it make more sense according to you guys? For me Zibanejad is the best player of the deal and I don't aim on keeping Bergeron in the first place. This would also make room to keep either Bjorkstrand or Hronek, so Krug Barrie Bergeron for Ziba Burns and Bjork/Hronek
    I like that. Zibanejad is a nice get, and I think Krug/Barrie is pretty equivalent to Burns/Hronek. Barrie may not be a #1 PP defenseman when he lands somewhere. You could of course keep Bjorkstrand, who may be harder to redraft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll take Zibs for Bergeron and Barrie as even, and then Burns for Krug as being close as well. Since you get to condense and pick up another player, I would call it a solid move, and the best player you're getting back is younger than the best one you're giving up.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks everyone ! I would rep again if I could
    G Shesterkin Samsonov