Thread: Mackinnon offer??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Mackinnon offer??

Was offered Nathon Mackinnon & a 4th round pick for Quinn Hughes & Jack Hughes....

I am a huge fan of Mackinnon BUT also realize how hard defensman like Q. Hughes are to come by, let alone Jack Hughes in 3 years.

Thoughts?
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Mackinnon offer??

Absolutely I would take this deal! You have other good young defensemen to soften the blow of losing Quinn.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd do that you have a small active roster, and there's a good chance that Jack Hughes isn't going to be startable for a while still. YOu can cover for the loss of Quinn Hughes.

And you seem to have no trouble finding defensemen like that, either.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

If your team can compete now, I make this deal.

Dobber Sports Superstar

yes

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not sure the 4th round pick holds much value here. In my eyes this is basically Nate vs the Hughes brothers.

I would probably do the deal, but I'd try and get him to sweeten the pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes I agree the 4th is irrelevant . So this year we finished 8th ( with out the use of Tarasenko because of injury) out of 14 dynasty teams and we have been building for 4 years as an expansion team to a 25 year dynasty league. S I agree that if we feel we can compete next year then we do the deal but that is the question as our team is full of young promising breakout potentials. Just have to decide if we are ready to go for it
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Another yes. The Hughes brothers have big potential. But in MacK you'd get a guy that's as good as it gets. Take the sure thing and let the other guy wait until the Hughes brothers live completely up to the hype (if they do so at all).
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The small active roster is the key for me here. What you want is a few top end guys, not a whole bunch of 'good' players, when you're only going to start 6 per week anyways. Yes it hurts to lose Quinn Hughes but gotta give to get.
    PS: do you have any options to fill your "vet" spot.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersyFan View Post
    Yes I agree the 4th is irrelevant . So this year we finished 8th ( with out the use of Tarasenko because of injury) out of 14 dynasty teams and we have been building for 4 years as an expansion team to a 25 year dynasty league. S I agree that if we feel we can compete next year then we do the deal but that is the question as our team is full of young promising breakout potentials. Just have to decide if we are ready to go for it
    Please look at MacKinnon's age. MacKinnon >> Jack Hughes, due to the lack of bust potential. Admittedly MacKinnon can't breakout like Jack Hughes can.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My vet spot will be filled with 2 of my 3 first round picks or 3 2nd round picks. We can keep our players until they are 32. once they turn 33 they go back into the pool for drafting and can be held for the one year you draft them. Ovie, Malkin, Bergeron, Rask, Price, Burns and now Crosby etc. etc. are up for grabs to line your pool with vets or extra goalies if you need it. They always are gone in first two rounds. I am well positioned to go for it as I will be able to add 7 roster players to my lineup ( If I drop or trade Gardiner). actually 8 if I do the deal as its a 2 for 1. Thanks for all the feedback!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Please look at MacKinnon's age. MacKinnon >> Jack Hughes, due to the lack of bust potential. Admittedly MacKinnon can't breakout like Jack Hughes can.
    I agree Mackinnon at 24 is very young and just getting into his prime Full Value. No real risk other than injury and with Makar leading the power play $$$$$$$$

**also we dress 7 forwards next year not 6 as we decided to dress 1 goalie next year instead of the 2 we have been doing to date.