Thread: Easy Search for Individual Player?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Easy Search for Individual Player?

Is there an easy way to get to a specific player's Frozen Tools page?

When I use the search function on the top right of the screen and type in a player's name (any player's name), I get the following response:

"If you didn't find what you were looking for, try a new search!"

Would it not be a much better design if when I searched for a player, the search tool actually found the player's Frozen Tools page? I can't imagine this would be that difficult to fix but this seems like a pretty big flaw in the website design.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Easy Search for Individual Player?

I'm not involved in any of the website design, but I can see both sides. Yes it probably does make sense to have the Frozen Tools page linked into the main search bar, but on the other hand it's also a single click farther to go to the frozen tools page and type it in there instead.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Are you trying to search on the Frozen tools page or the Dobber main site?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Are you trying to search on the Frozen tools page or the Dobber main site?
    Sounds like he's trying on the main site.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Icon

I am searching in the top menu on the dobberhockey page.

I never realized that I could just click on the Frozen Tools logo in the next section to get to that page. That's a much quicker way to find what I was looking for. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

With that said, the search function in the top menu bar on the Dobberhockey page is useless. It doesn't matter what you type into it, you get the could not find anything response. I have tried many NHL player names, "prospect report", "fantasy prospect report" , random numbers, "Dobber" and they all give you the same reply:

Dobber Sports Ace

Hijacking a little here, but on the topic of functionality I would love it if the rankings pages were searchable. It sucks having to comb through them when you are looking for position of a specific player (or sometimes more than one if you are comparing players..)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Hijacking a little here, but on the topic of functionality I would love it if the rankings pages were searchable. It sucks having to comb through them when you are looking for position of a specific player (or sometimes more than one if you are comparing players..)
    Are you not able to search them with the ctrl+F function?
    Also you can just go to the info tab on a player's frozen tool page and the ranking numbers are there. So just opening the two pages of the two players you can see the ranking.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I am searching in the top menu on the dobberhockey page.

I never realized that I could just click on the Frozen Tools logo in the next section to get to that page. That's a much quicker way to find what I was looking for. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

With that said, the search function in the top menu bar on the Dobberhockey page is useless. It doesn't matter what you type into it, you get the could not find anything response. I have tried many NHL player names, "prospect report", "fantasy prospect report" , random numbers, "Dobber" and they all give you the same reply:

The note you're seeing is standard to all of the searches. But below it shows only articles that include the word/name you're searching for.
    So the search function on the main dobberhockey site is for the entire article database.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Are you not able to search them with the ctrl+F function?
    Also you can just go to the info tab on a player's frozen tool page and the ranking numbers are there. So just opening the two pages of the two players you can see the ranking.
    Did not think to try that. Computer n00b over here apparently. Thanks man.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Rankings are all over the place in Frozen Tools. Most notably:

Player profile page -> Info/Analysis tab
    Report Generator (several reports)

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust