Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good trade to move Draisaitl?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Good trade to move Draisaitl?

Team and picks are in my signature. Here is the offer, as the McDavid owner has come back with another offer.

I get:
    Point
    Guentzel
    Rantanen
    Schneider
    Kessel

He gets:
    Draisaitl
    Lindell
    Couture
    Kassian
    Zuccarello

I would be able to drop Schneider without using my one buyout if he gets bought out or gets sent down to the AHL. Thoughts would be appreciated.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Good trade to move Draisaitl?

First 3 pieces are nice, but I'd make him improve the last two. Push him hard!
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    First 3 pieces are nice, but I'd make him improve the last two. Push him hard!
    alright, let me see what I can do!
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Here is the McDavid's owner's team.

Centers: Point, McDavid, Kopitar, Strome

Left Wingers: Guentzel, Patches, Tatar, Arvidsson

Right Wingers: Kessel, Tarasenko, Rantanen, Necas

Defensemen: Mermis (streamer), Theodore, Pionk, no 4th defenseman, we start 4 D, 3 C, LW, RW, and one Utility spot along with 2 goalies.

Goalies: Schneider, Blackwood, Elvis.

What else should I ask for? I'll have to get Schneider back in this deal, but what could I ask for in place of Kessel?
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Novice

Any way you can leave Schneider out? You move the best player, you make the rules.

Draisaitl have arguably the best contract in the league. Bleed the other GM out or keep him. Seems like the other GM will keep coming back anyway.

Point, Rantanen, Guentzel, Theodore, Necas/Tarasenko for Draisaitl, Lindell, Couture, Kassian, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr0 View Post
    Any way you can leave Schneider out? You move the best player, you make the rules.

Draisaitl have arguably the best contract in the league. Bleed the other GM out or keep him. Seems like the other GM will keep coming back anyway.

Point, Rantanen, Guentzel, Theodore, Necas/Tarasenko for Draisaitl, Lindell, Couture, Kassian, Zuccarello
    I don't see me getting the Necas, Tarasenko part, as he's hesitant to do the deal I posted above already. How should I try to convince him to give a little more?
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Convince him of nothing.
    You have the best player.

I'd walk away from this deal.
    As I wouldnt be excepting Necas or Tarasenko. It would be both plus Point, Rants, Theo and Guentzel and even then I want a 4th or 5th round pick.
    Don't be accepting Kessel. I would love to see him bounce back, but it won't happen to much more then about mid 70's in pts

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    Convince him of nothing.
    You have the best player.

I'd walk away from this deal.
    As I wouldnt be excepting Necas or Tarasenko. It would be both plus Point, Rants, Theo and Guentzel and even then I want a 4th or 5th round pick.
    Don't be accepting Kessel. I would love to see him bounce back, but it won't happen to much more then about mid 70's in pts
    i'll see what's the best he can do.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is that restrictive buyout league, right? I take this deal as-is.

Here's why.

Kessel > Zuccarello. Zuccarello is a poor man's Kessel, with an albatross contract through 23-24 that would require what likely will require a buyout. Kessel's contract is much better, as it has 2 years left, and his peripherals are better. This is a bad contract for an okay contract.

Schneider > Lindell. This is a bad contract that could magically go away or become a useful goalie for a even worse contract that you are stuck with. In a cap league like yours, Lindell is a must avoid.

Point, Guentzel, Rantanen and Draisaitl, Couture, Kassian are pretty even. You get no bad contracts, and give up one which will likely be going bad in Couture. Draisaitl is the best player, but you get the #2-4 best guys.

I see this a big win for your cap situation, and it can only get better if Schnedier does enough to get 30 starts and is okay, or gets demoted/bought out.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    This is that restrictive buyout league, right? I take this deal as-is.

Here's why.

Kessel > Zuccarello. Zuccarello is a poor man's Kessel, with an albatross contract through 23-24 that would require what likely will require a buyout. Kessel's contract is much better, as it has 2 years left, and his peripherals are better. This is a bad contract for an okay contract.

Schneider > Lindell. This is a bad contract that could magically go away or become a useful goalie for a even worse contract that you are stuck with. In a cap league like yours, Lindell is a must avoid.

Point, Guentzel, Rantanen and Draisaitl, Couture, Kassian are pretty even. You get no bad contracts, and give up one which will likely be going bad in Couture. Draisaitl is the best player, but you get the #2-4 best guys.

I see this a big win for your cap situation, and it can only get better if Schnedier does enough to get 30 starts and is okay, or gets demoted/bought out.
    So, it's fair value for Draisaitl? I see where you are coming from. I'm just seeing if I can get any more value but it may be the best I can do.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Yes, I think it's fair value. I wanted to try and evaluate the trade cores, meaning the players who don't have bad contracts. I honestly think Guentzel has another level we haven't seen yet.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Yes, I think it's fair value. I wanted to try and evaluate the trade cores, meaning the players who don't have bad contracts. I honestly think Guentzel has another level we haven't seen yet.
    Is the level, a 90-95 point player, with over 100 hits and 40+ goals? That's what i'm thinking for him but maybe i'm a bit too high on his ceiling?
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Well, the 100 hits and 40 goals are clearly reachable since he's done them already. I agree with you on the 90+ points being in play, but I think his ceiling is 50 goals. That's not a likely repeating occurrence, but I think he can do it. His shot volume is still trending up.

And his contract is excellent, as is Point's.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd try to swap Kessel or Schneider with Theodore before accepting anything... The Mcdavid owner keeps coming back again and again

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    I'd try to swap Kessel or Schneider with Theodore before accepting anything... The Mcdavid owner keeps coming back again and again
    So if I can get Theodore instead of one of those guys, should I accept right away? I'm trying to extract as much value as possible.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team: