Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4th Ovr.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 4th Ovr.

16 teams dynasty cap league, multicat

I have the 4th ovr. in one of my league and I'm not quite sure what I should do with it...
    The top 3 is very likely going to be Lafreniere, Byfield and Stutzle.

If that's the case, is there a clear cut at #4? Raymond? Rossi?

Should I try to move down a few ranks (still top 10) and draft a similar talented players + another asset?

Any thoughts/help is welcome
    Thanks!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 4th Ovr.

Depends on your needs? If a F, then maybe trade down, depending on the return. 4-10 as far as forwards go will be very close in my opinion. If you are needing a Dman, then I could see Drysdale going somewhere after 5, making it riskier trading down if that is your target. If you keep the pick, I would probably go Stutzle/Rosse/Raymond of whomever is left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My farm is decent in all positions; I have Byram, Boqvist, Sandin, Denisenko, Glass, Newhook, Krebs, Sorokin and a few others

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd go Rossi. For what it's worth, Dobber has Rossi as the guy with the third highest ceiling for fantasy too (behind Lafreničre and Byfield, but ahead of Stützle).
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Titan

I have a high lottery pick in each of my dynasty leagues, and I am dreading dropping to 4th with either of them. Not even because I'll be upset at losing Lad/But, but just because I don't want to have to choose between the remaining names.

I think it has to be one of Raymond, Stutzle, Rossi, or Perfetti, but I don't know if there is a "right" answer without at least 5 years of hindsight.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I've got Raymond fourth behind the three you expect to go. I assume others will have someone else.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If I am picking after those big three I am going with Marco Rossi.

Also if you look at value based drafting, it might be wise to draft Drysdale here.

There are a lot of forwards that would be grouped similar in the 4-15 range, but there is only one (maybe two) defense that have the upside of Drysdale).
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If I am picking after those big three I am going with Marco Rossi.

Also if you look at value based drafting, it might be wise to draft Drysdale here.

There are a lot of forwards that would be grouped similar in the 4-15 range, but there is only one (maybe two) defense that have the upside of Drysdale).
    I feel like that's actually pushing up Drysdale's value. If he wasn't the only one, he probably would only be projected in the 6-11 range, but since there's no other defensemen some after putting him a little higher.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I feel like that's actually pushing up Drysdale's value. If he wasn't the only one, he probably would only be projected in the 6-11 range, but since there's no other defensemen some after putting him a little higher.
    I agree. That being said, I won't be surprised to see Jake Sanderson go earlier than many predict, kind of the same way Seider did last year.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree. That being said, I won't be surprised to see Jake Sanderson go earlier than many predict, kind of the same way Seider did last year.
    Agreed. They may go earlier in the draft, but their fantasy value will likely lie lower than their draft slot.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Agreed. They may go earlier in the draft, but their fantasy value will likely lie lower than their draft slot.
    That's normal. Many fantasy GMs will reach for weaker forwards before they'll draft a D.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advices guys! Gotta say that I'm even more mixed up than before lol

I think I'll ask the GMs with the 5-6-7-8 picks what they'd trade to move up. If it's not worth it I'll flip a coin between Raymond and Rossi

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm probably the only one, and maybe it's because goaltending holds ridiculous value in my league (Samsonov went for 1st ov Jack Hughes), but I would take Askarov at 4. Forwards wise, I'm high on Raymond, but would look at Holtz just because goals are harder to find than assists. Dmen I'd like Drysdale over Sanderson. Sanderson seems like the reliable defensive type who can chip in when need be (Niskanen type).
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports Stud

Or.... with your current strength of prospects, consider taking the reasonable chance that Askarov becomes the stud GK in 3 years. Sure... if one of the top 3 guys drops to you I’d take that first - but there’s no guarantees for prospects to shine (think, Yakupov, Puljujarvi....). Askarov is as “proven” as those other 4-10 selections.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm going with Rossi on this one. Pretty rare to se that kind of production from a draft eligible player. Yeah, he's older and smaller, but has a crazy work ethic and strong on his feet.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)