View Poll Results: Which Band-Aid Boys will defy their label for 2020-21?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Victor Arvidsson

6 18.18%
  • Patrice Bergeron

3 9.09%
  • Brock Boeser

16 48.48%
  • Jakob Chychrun

5 15.15%
  • Alexander Edler

1 3.03%
  • Ryan Ellis

8 24.24%
  • Robby Fabbri

4 12.12%
  • Cam Fowler

1 3.03%
  • Ryan Getzlaf

2 6.06%
  • Oscar Klefbom

8 24.24%
  • Kris Letang

3 9.09%
  • Hampus Lindholm

4 12.12%
  • Evgeni Malkin

4 12.12%
  • Anthony Mantha

13 39.39%
  • T.J. Oshie

5 15.15%
  • Rickard Rakell

6 18.18%
  • Jaden Schwartz

6 18.18%
  • Sami Vatanen

0 0%
  • Mika Zibanejad

21 63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Band-aid boys, but not for 2020-21

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Band-aid boys, but not for 2020-21

For a player to earn the distinction of being a band-aid boy, the assumption should be he'll get hurt most every year, even if that's never really the case even with the worst offenders. Thus the question for this month's poll - which Band-Aid Boys will defy the odds and play in the vast majority of their teams' games for 2020-21?

What do I define as "the vast majority?" I set the bar at 75+ games, or, if COVID affects the season, 90%+ of his team's games. Therefore, you're to decide which of these 20 skaters will in fact play in 75+ (or 90%+) games for his team in 2020-21, despite, on paper, being a perennial injury risk. All players were capable of being included, except goalies (I couldn't figure out a good games played number) and no players who are off the fantasy radar. And you can vote for one, some, or even all of the choices, so long as you think he/they will indeed play 75+ (or 90%+) of his team's games for 2020-21. Look for the associated column Wednesday.

And before people ask, there were some tough omissions, most notably Brendan Gallagher, Erik Karlsson, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Auston Matthews, Charlie McAvoy, Mark Stone and Taylor Hall. I felt that these 20 either had more recent and/or more recurring injury histories.

Have fun, and be well.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Band-aid boys, but not for 2020-21

Boeser and Zibanejad were the only two that jumped out at me, and to my surprise they're leading! I think Boeser has been snakebitten on 1 or 2 of his injuries (think of hitting the boards while the bench door was open). I don't think Zibanejad is known as a Band-Aid Boy or for any one injury anyway (broken fibula, concussion).

Letang and Malkin and Edler have been known as Band-Aid Boys since the beginning of time, so it's difficult to think they'll shed that label now. Same with anyone that's had the same type of injury multiple times.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding