Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Big question!!!! Spencer Knight or Yaroslav Askarov???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Big question!!!! Spencer Knight or Yaroslav Askarov???

Who do you prefer in keeper league draft....

Spencer Knight or Yaroslav Askarov?

Seems there's a lot of love on Askarov for the updoming draft.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Big question!!!! Spencer Knight or Yaroslav Askarov???

Gotta be Askarov for me... even without yet knowing his future team.

I still (firmly) believe that the Cats are an owner (Viola) planned effort to LOSE a lot of money.
    Then the Cats can pull out of their lease on the Florida arena in 2023 and sell for $600m+, probably to Quebec City.
    I swear... it's gonna happen, Viola knows it, Bettman knows it, QC knows it.
    And that's all part of signing Bobrovsky for $10m per which is mostly front loaded at $12m per thru 2023, then $10m, $6.5m (becomes discount for next franchise).
    Anyways, it roadblocks Knight in FLA.
    Barkov is UFA in 2022.
    Huberdeau is UFA in 2023.
    By the time Knight takes the net, the team could look thin.
    FLA is going to get big money for a hockey team whether they have the players or not.
    So I imagine Viola won't commit to signing bonus money for those guys - which is key in UFA signings.

Florida's ability to put out a good value/$ team is already somewhat crippled by overpayments to Ekblad and Matheson... and the East is emerging.
    The team is going to have to re-rebuild in 2023. Pengwin7 bookmark.

For me, even without knowing the team - and with a year back in development, I still take Askarov.
    He should go between 6-10th overall... which could be NJ (6), BUF (7), MON (8), CHI (9), or ARI (10).
    NJ and BUF (who has UPL) and MON all have bright futures. CHI should be a shitshow for next 3-5 years. ARI has all kinds of potential.
    They'll be ready to pop in 3-4 years when Askarov emerges as Samsonov, Sorokin, and Shesterkin have.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Right now I prefer Knight.

I think he has a decent situation in Florida and there are two big uncertainties to Askarov

1) Where does he get drafted... what situation does he get drafted into

2) As a Russian, there is always the uncertainty of when they will come to North America to play, especially when he already has a taste of playing in the KHL.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Who do you prefer in keeper league draft....

Spencer Knight or Yaroslav Askarov?

Seems there's a lot of love on Askarov for the updoming draft.

Thanks!
    Kinda like there was a year ago for Knight?

Both are highly regarded goalie prospects but we've seen many promising goalie prospects simply not work out. Some do, but most don't. At this point, both are gambles but if I were to bet on either I'd probably go with Knight at this point only because he's older, more polished and we know his team situation.

It doesnt matter who you go with, I dont expect anything from either of them for at least 4 years at best in fantasy circles.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

I'd go with Askarov because I don't trust Florida's ability to develop prospects, especially goalies.

Dobber Sports Stud

Above all true, both sides - but is Knight totally expendable for picks within another year (two)? He’d bring a damn good return from Vegas, from Calgary, from Chicago, from up-and-coming Ottawa by then.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Icon

I prefer Knight. He's a year closer to being an NHL asset and I think he will be the better NHL goalie.

With that said, I think Askarov will have higher value in leagues for the next 3 or 4 months so if you have both, he's the one to sell. If you are looking to acquire (or draft) one of them, I would go with Knight since you should be able to acquire him for less (or draft him later) since his hype will not be the same as Askarov's will be this summer.

I think Knight's value will go up in 2 years time while Askarov's will take a big hit by Christmas and then stay down for about 3 years.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Gotta be Askarov for me... even without yet knowing his future team.

I still (firmly) believe that the Cats are an owner (Viola) planned effort to LOSE a lot of money.
    Then the Cats can pull out of their lease on the Florida arena in 2023 and sell for $600m+, probably to Quebec City.
    I swear... it's gonna happen, Viola knows it, Bettman knows it, QC knows it.
    And that's all part of signing Bobrovsky for $10m per which is mostly front loaded at $12m per thru 2023, then $10m, $6.5m (becomes discount for next franchise).
    Anyways, it roadblocks Knight in FLA.
    Barkov is UFA in 2022.
    Huberdeau is UFA in 2023.
    By the time Knight takes the net, the team could look thin.
    FLA is going to get big money for a hockey team whether they have the players or not.
    So I imagine Viola won't commit to signing bonus money for those guys - which is key in UFA signings.

Florida's ability to put out a good value/$ team is already somewhat crippled by overpayments to Ekblad and Matheson... and the East is emerging.
    The team is going to have to re-rebuild in 2023. Pengwin7 bookmark.

For me, even without knowing the team - and with a year back in development, I still take Askarov.
    He should go between 6-10th overall... which could be NJ (6), BUF (7), MON (8), CHI (9), or ARI (10).
    NJ and BUF (who has UPL) and MON all have bright futures. CHI should be a shitshow for next 3-5 years. ARI has all kinds of potential.
    They'll be ready to pop in 3-4 years when Askarov emerges as Samsonov, Sorokin, and Shesterkin have.
    That’s quite a theory. Never even heard of this before. Interesting.

Askarov for me.

I honestly think this is a toss up.. Knowing where Askarov will be playing would make this a little less foggy.. One thing I do know is, Bobrovsky is not the same goalie anymore.. I think Florida already regrets that monster deal.. I think Knight gets into action alot sooner then people think.. This is a great debate though!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Goalie Bob will be a monster next season... Whenever that might be.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Agent Sergei Andreyevich "Bob" Bobrovsky
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Knight, Easy. I love him as a prospect and believe he has the track record to succeed in the NHL, wherever that is.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Initiate

Askarov (depending where he's drafted)
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont understand how anyone can recommend Askarov until we know where he lands. What if he ends up somewhere like Philly, or say, the Rangers. Do people really think those are good landing spots for him and would want him over Knight?

To be fair to the OP, this is a question that should be asked after the NHL draft for more accurate replies.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

At the same age, Askarov performed better in the WHC U17 and WJC U18 than Knight.
    At the same age, Askarov was the starter in the WJC U20 while Knight was a backup and didn't play.

I think it's pretty easy to point to reasons someone would prefer Askarov over Knight.

I also don't think it's accurate to say that Knight is closer to being an NHL asset or further along in his development than Askarov just because he's a year older. Age is not the only factor in development.