Thread: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

I'm looking for a site that will support a 24-team playoff pool based on the NHL's playoff format. I considered waiting until the 16 teams are decided but thought it would be fun to do a 24 team format if possible. It's a simple, points-only playoff pool. I normally use Pickup Hockey for our one-year regular season and playoff pools but they have not provided any indication yet as to how (or if) they would support a 24 team format.

Any ideas?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

Fantrax - should be able to do this
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Fantrax - should be able to do this
    Thanks luca - I'm trying to stay away from Fantrax as it's way more than I need for a simple office pool.

The Great One

I've been in playoff pools that used poolexpert.com, but not for quite awhile. I have no idea if they support 24 team playoffs, but you could always shoot them an email. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I'm looking for a site that will support a 24-team playoff pool based on the NHL's playoff format. I considered waiting until the 16 teams are decided but thought it would be fun to do a 24 team format if possible. It's a simple, points-only playoff pool. I normally use Pickup Hockey for our one-year regular season and playoff pools but they have not provided any indication yet as to how (or if) they would support a 24 team format.

Any ideas?
    I cant see why pickuphockey.com wouldnt be active during this nhl playoffs . Maybe they are waiting for more progress on actual dates , hub cities etc.

did you shoot them an email to find out ?

on edit , I checked their message boards and the following was posted by an admin .

https://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=29131

We are doing the final reconciliation of the 2019/20 NHL season right now and will announce the official closing of your pools shortly. After that we will run the pool stats for a few more nights to allow for bonus points to be added.

We will run the playoff pools when and if the time comes. We are monitoring the situation.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I cant see why pickuphockey.com wouldnt be active during this nhl playoffs . Maybe they are waiting for more progress on actual dates , hub cities etc.

did you shoot them an email to find out ?

on edit , I checked their message boards and the following was posted by an admin .

https://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=29131

We are doing the final reconciliation of the 2019/20 NHL season right now and will announce the official closing of your pools shortly. After that we will run the pool stats for a few more nights to allow for bonus points to be added.

We will run the playoff pools when and if the time comes. We are monitoring the situation.
    Thanks Butch - I've never clicked on the Forum site so didn't see this comment. I'm hoping they will set up at 24 team pool instead of waiting for the 16 teams to be set. I'll send them a note.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The other concern with playoff pools that fantasy hockey websites might not be able to work is the determination of stats for the 'play-in' round versus the 'playoffs'

I am of he understanding that the 'play-in' round is not part of the playoffs and the scoring in that round will not be part of playoff scoring.

So if websites just pull their statistics off of the NHL.com site... then there might not be any websites that can accommodate the stats for the play-in and playoffs combined. Unless there is someone behind the scenes that is going to combine the two stats.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The other concern with playoff pools that fantasy hockey websites might not be able to work is the determination of stats for the 'play-in' round versus the 'playoffs'

I am of he understanding that the 'play-in' round is not part of the playoffs and the scoring in that round will not be part of playoff scoring.

So if websites just pull their statistics off of the NHL.com site... then there might not be any websites that can accommodate the stats for the play-in and playoffs combined. Unless there is someone behind the scenes that is going to combine the two stats.
    That’s exactly what I was wondering about. I just think it would be way more fun to include the play in round and I’m not sure if the sites have contemplated providing this structure.

Dobber Sports Master

I'd worry about the nhl suddenly having to scrap it halfway through if the poop hits the fan with covid-19 second waves.

would stick to points only (I'd imagine most would be anyways) not any form of h2h and agree that if the plug is pulled XYZ happens with the money pot .

Dobber Sports Padawan

Pick Up says they can do the Round Robins and Qualifiers no problem which is what we will be doing.
    We just do G-1 A-1 Win-2 SO +1. I Don't know what other categories they track.
    E-mail from Pick Up a couple of days ago:

"Full Playoff Season (includes qualifying & round robin stats)
    From 16 Teams (does NOT include qualifying and round robin stats)
    Custom Dates"
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.