Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

  1. #1
    Location
    Flames!
    Rep Power
    31

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

    I'm looking for a site that will support a 24-team playoff pool based on the NHL's playoff format. I considered waiting until the 16 teams are decided but thought it would be fun to do a 24 team format if possible. It's a simple, points-only playoff pool. I normally use Pickup Hockey for our one-year regular season and playoff pools but they have not provided any indication yet as to how (or if) they would support a 24 team format.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,385
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

    Fantrax - should be able to do this
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  3. #3
    Location
    Flames!
    Rep Power
    31

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Fantrax - should be able to do this
    Thanks luca - I'm trying to stay away from Fantrax as it's way more than I need for a simple office pool.

  4. #4
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

    I've been in playoff pools that used poolexpert.com, but not for quite awhile. I have no idea if they support 24 team playoffs, but you could always shoot them an email. Good luck.

  5. #5
    butch's Avatar
    butch is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,207
    Location
    ontario ,canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I'm looking for a site that will support a 24-team playoff pool based on the NHL's playoff format. I considered waiting until the 16 teams are decided but thought it would be fun to do a 24 team format if possible. It's a simple, points-only playoff pool. I normally use Pickup Hockey for our one-year regular season and playoff pools but they have not provided any indication yet as to how (or if) they would support a 24 team format.

    Any ideas?
    I cant see why pickuphockey.com wouldnt be active during this nhl playoffs . Maybe they are waiting for more progress on actual dates , hub cities etc.

    did you shoot them an email to find out ?

    on edit , I checked their message boards and the following was posted by an admin .

    https://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=29131

    We are doing the final reconciliation of the 2019/20 NHL season right now and will announce the official closing of your pools shortly. After that we will run the pool stats for a few more nights to allow for bonus points to be added.

    We will run the playoff pools when and if the time comes. We are monitoring the situation.

  6. #6
    Location
    Flames!
    Rep Power
    31

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I cant see why pickuphockey.com wouldnt be active during this nhl playoffs . Maybe they are waiting for more progress on actual dates , hub cities etc.

    did you shoot them an email to find out ?

    on edit , I checked their message boards and the following was posted by an admin .

    https://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=29131

    We are doing the final reconciliation of the 2019/20 NHL season right now and will announce the official closing of your pools shortly. After that we will run the pool stats for a few more nights to allow for bonus points to be added.

    We will run the playoff pools when and if the time comes. We are monitoring the situation.
    Thanks Butch - I've never clicked on the Forum site so didn't see this comment. I'm hoping they will set up at 24 team pool instead of waiting for the 16 teams to be set. I'll send them a note.

  7. #7
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

    The other concern with playoff pools that fantasy hockey websites might not be able to work is the determination of stats for the 'play-in' round versus the 'playoffs'

    I am of he understanding that the 'play-in' round is not part of the playoffs and the scoring in that round will not be part of playoff scoring.

    So if websites just pull their statistics off of the NHL.com site... then there might not be any websites that can accommodate the stats for the play-in and playoffs combined. Unless there is someone behind the scenes that is going to combine the two stats.

  8. #8
    Location
    Flames!
    Rep Power
    31

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The other concern with playoff pools that fantasy hockey websites might not be able to work is the determination of stats for the 'play-in' round versus the 'playoffs'

    I am of he understanding that the 'play-in' round is not part of the playoffs and the scoring in that round will not be part of playoff scoring.

    So if websites just pull their statistics off of the NHL.com site... then there might not be any websites that can accommodate the stats for the play-in and playoffs combined. Unless there is someone behind the scenes that is going to combine the two stats.
    That’s exactly what I was wondering about. I just think it would be way more fun to include the play in round and I’m not sure if the sites have contemplated providing this structure.

  9. #9
    butch's Avatar
    butch is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,207
    Location
    ontario ,canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: Looking for a site to support a 24-team Playoff Pool

    I'd worry about the nhl suddenly having to scrap it halfway through if the poop hits the fan with covid-19 second waves.

    would stick to points only (I'd imagine most would be anyways) not any form of h2h and agree that if the plug is pulled XYZ happens with the money pot .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •