Thread: Masterson nominees

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Masterson nominees

Hard for me to put down anyone who’s a Masterson nominee, but I felt there were more deserving on this year’s list. McDavid, rehab’d leg injury. Bouwmeester - genuinely good guy, but nominated for a cardiac arrest? Lindblom, NEXT year, for what he can do after his chemotherapy. Did Shea Theodore win last year?

So, my three would have been Theodore, Bobby Ryan, and Stephen Johns. All of whom have “perseverance” and dedication, as the award suggests. Am I off base??
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Masterson nominees

EaEnwiQXsAAvQXp.jpg

All the nominees. I'm sure it's hard for some teams who do not have an obvious "rockstar" choice. Some teams just seem to throw-out their oldest/longest serving player. I really hope Bobby Ryan wins this year. Last year was Robin Lehner for his openness around his mental health struggles.

The only one I was surprised to see missing was Devan Dubnyk given his wife's health struggles.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am really surprised that the Flyers nominee was Oskar... I thought it would be next year for sure for him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

I was commenting on the league’s named finalists. Bobby Ryan not in that trio. He should be. Johns, too. Over a year, to come all the way back from bad concussion(s).

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I was commenting on the league’s named finalists. Bobby Ryan not in that trio. He should be. Johns, too. Over a year, to come all the way back from bad concussion(s).
    oh the league named the finalists? I haven't seen this sorry!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Well that is indeed dumb. Who are the finalists?: McDavid, Bouwmeester, Lindbolm?

I can't seem to find the announcement of this year's finalists online.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Well that is indeed dumb. Who are the finalists?: McDavid, Bouwmeester, Lindbolm?

I can't seem to find the announcement of this year's finalists online.
    The NHL has not announced a top 3. Someone just read part of the headline from thescore and assumed something completely wrong. "Lindblom, Bouwmeester, Ryan among Masterton Trophy nominees" was the headline on this article https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1976435

Each NHL team announced their own finalist today. That is all that happened.

Dobber Sports Stud

Oh. NHL.com put 3 in their headline - my bad. If I was savvy enough to put an egg-on-face emoji here, I would.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like Bobby Ryan here and I'm an Oiler fan...so I wouldn't be upset if McDavid won this! lol

Administrator

Pretty sure Bobby Ryan wins

Side note: I read an idea recently where instead of somehow narrowing this down to one winner each team nominee should be co-winners of the award. It's kind of unfair to single out one considering all of the amazing stories.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Side note: I read an idea recently where instead of somehow narrowing this down to one winner each team nominee should be co-winners of the award. It's kind of unfair to single out one considering all of the amazing stories.
    That's ridiculous. Feels like an extension of everyone gets a participation medal and we don't keep score because someone's feelings will be hurt if one team/player wins. I honestly think the trophy is garbage anyway. I know plenty of people in real life who have overcome much, much more difficult circumstances and they didn't have first class doctors, physiotherapists, or the ability to just worry about rehabbing/recovering because they needed to work or the family would be on welfare. Of course Phil Kessel was going to come back from testicular cancer, what was he going to do, give up and die or recover and go back to what he is damn good at.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    That's ridiculous. Feels like an extension of everyone gets a participation medal and we don't keep score because someone's feelings will be hurt if one team/player wins. I honestly think the trophy is garbage anyway. I know plenty of people in real life who have overcome much, much more difficult circumstances and they didn't have first class doctors, physiotherapists, or the ability to just worry about rehabbing/recovering because they needed to work or the family would be on welfare. Of course Phil Kessel was going to come back from testicular cancer, what was he going to do, give up and die or recover and go back to what he is damn good at.
    This completely negates your initial statement.

You get a participation medal for that!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This completely negates your initial statement.

You get a participation medal for that!
    lol, I am a man of contradiction.