Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

Banned

Default Re: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

Well, I am now an expert on washing the dishes and doing the laundry

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The two largest one's I've added as well. Santa stocked us up on board games at Christmas. It's like he knew we needed them.
    My daughter just found an interest in Chess the past couple weeks. So awesome.

I'm interested in the auction idea. Please keep us posted.
    There's been an interest in chess due to Netflix' Queen's Gambit I am guessing. I use to play chess competitively but it was something that required a large time investment to continually improve at, and it had to be cut for other things like kids and jobs. All of my material is still sitting on my home office shelf in front of me though and I poke away online every week.

The ebay store has been awesome. So many people buying online with the pandemic and it's crazy how easy it is to find stuff for resale. I have basically squeezed in all I can into my garage, and refuse to let any of the inventory be inside the house, so I've either hit the cap with how big I can grow, or I need to look at renting a storage unit and changing up how I do things. Hard to say if I want to take it to that next level as once things go back to normal post-pandemic our family plans on doing a heck of a lot of travel and other things. Not sure yet though. It's been a nice side-gig

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    There's been an interest in chess due to Netflix' Queen's Gambit I am guessing. I use to play chess competitively but it was something that required a large time investment to continually improve at, and it had to be cut for other things like kids and jobs. All of my material is still sitting on my home office shelf in front of me though and I poke away online every week.

The ebay store has been awesome. So many people buying online with the pandemic and it's crazy how easy it is to find stuff for resale. I have basically squeezed in all I can into my garage, and refuse to let any of the inventory be inside the house, so I've either hit the cap with how big I can grow, or I need to look at renting a storage unit and changing up how I do things. Hard to say if I want to take it to that next level as once things go back to normal post-pandemic our family plans on doing a heck of a lot of travel and other things. Not sure yet though. It's been a nice side-gig
    it was her chess obsessed cousin that tied her in. She's 9 so not exposed to QG yet.

Curious what you're focusing on for re-sale. Had a friend that would do this on a smaller scale via FB marketplace etc. - kids bikes, Foosball tables, rod hockey. never strayed too far from his go-to options.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

it was her chess obsessed cousin that tied her in. She's 9 so not exposed to QG yet.

Curious what you're focusing on for re-sale. Had a friend that would do this on a smaller scale via FB marketplace etc. - kids bikes, Foosball tables, rod hockey. never strayed too far from his go-to options.
    I sold a couple hockey cards for seed money, then I just sold anything I could pickup at garage sales/thrift stores/online auctions.

I've recently found that big bulk purchases sourced from auction, or from Facebook Marketplace (I picked up a lot of 1500 trucker hats for example) are the way to go. Keeps costs super low and tons of profit potential.

The Great One

I've started buying paintings from local artists via facebook. It entertains me and puts some coins in the pockets of people in the community

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I sold a couple hockey cards for seed money, then I just sold anything I could pickup at garage sales/thrift stores/online auctions.

I've recently found that big bulk purchases sourced from auction, or from Facebook Marketplace (I picked up a lot of 1500 trucker hats for example) are the way to go. Keeps costs super low and tons of profit potential.
    Very interesting - I'm doing almost the exact same thing!

I buy/sell hockey cards (half for fun, half for profit), and also have a basement full of miscellaneous inventory for ebay/kijiji/facebook. I get all kinds of stuff from estate sales, garage sales, thrift stores, etc and simply resell it. I've gotten up to around 500 current ebay listings now, and in the last few months it has actually grown to become my #1 source of income. Walking to the post office with a santa sack full of packages has become part of my daily routine...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Very interesting - I'm doing almost the exact same thing!

I buy/sell hockey cards (half for fun, half for profit), and also have a basement full of miscellaneous inventory for ebay/kijiji/facebook. I get all kinds of stuff from estate sales, garage sales, thrift stores, etc and simply resell it. I've gotten up to around 500 current ebay listings now, and in the last few months it has actually grown to become my #1 source of income. Walking to the post office with a santa sack full of packages has become part of my daily routine...
    Ahh nice! Sounds like youre doing even better than I am at it if its your main income.Way to go!

Dobber Sports Sage

I decided to branch out into a growing business. Something that is in high demand, regardless of
    Covid.

purple.jpg
    green.jpg

I think it turned out well. Farming is enjoyable.

Dobber Sports Titan

French 45's
    whiskey sours, sidecars, paper planes, and this one drink where it's:

2oz Gin, 1oz lemon juice, 0.5oz simple syrup. Shake with ice, top with soda water. Very simple, but extra little something when it comes to a G&T lover.

I like this guy for recipes/ideas
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCio...Z4Xt-yodw8_cBQ
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I decided to branch out into a growing business. Something that is in high demand, regardless of
    Covid.

purple.jpg
    green.jpg

I think it turned out well. Farming is enjoyable.
    Im trying to zoom in on your avatar pic but I cant LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im trying to zoom in on your avatar pic but I cant LOL!
    Axe, right click it then click on "Search google for image." That will take you to a full-sized version. Enjoy!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Axe, right click it then click on "Search google for image." That will take you to a full-sized version. Enjoy!
    Ya, I dont get "search google for image" as an option when I right click but I gave it a go LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya, I dont get "search google for image" as an option when I right click but I gave it a go LOL!
    Here you go Axe: https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sb...GkBAuT-aPuBiNA

The Fun Police made me change the avatar.

Dobber Sports Deity

The fun police suck. That's not the same pic in the link that you had there tho. Same model, different pic?

Dobber Sports Sage

The fun police suck. That's not the same pic in the link that you had there tho. Same model, different pic?
    Same model, less nipple.