Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

  1. #31
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You're allowed to like both.

    I've been out golfing more, reading, cooking, and working on my hockey spreadsheets. Picked up yoga a bit too because it's actually a solid workout that I can do in my apartment.
    Ya like, I was terrible my first few rounds of golf but I was playing with friends and they kept me from getting frustrated. And without playing any true competitive sports since February/March, I enjoyed finally playing something that pushed me physically. I had a fun time playing, so I'm unsure if it was because I enjoyed golf, or was it the other factors. Which in a way contribute to golf though.

    I'll def push myself to get to the ability to say "I can golf" without lying.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Eichel, Pettersson, Kopitar,
    LW: Marchand, Marchessault (C), Tatar (LW)
    RW: Marner, Wilson, Strome (C),
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Pietrangelo, Makar, Barrie
    G: Andersen,Hellebuyck, Halak
    IR: Dubnyk

  2. #32
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

    I drink a lot more beer. Does that count?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, Fabbri, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  3. #33
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I drink a lot more beer. Does that count?
    If you're drinking craft beer you're beer tasting. And it's sophisticated (South Park reference)
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Eichel, Pettersson, Kopitar,
    LW: Marchand, Marchessault (C), Tatar (LW)
    RW: Marner, Wilson, Strome (C),
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Pietrangelo, Makar, Barrie
    G: Andersen,Hellebuyck, Halak
    IR: Dubnyk

  4. #34
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If you're drinking craft beer you're beer tasting. And it's sophisticated (South Park reference)
    That's ALL I drink when it comes to beer LOL!

    I busted the Atlantic Bubble on the weekend to go visit friends in Moncton. The other excuse was to raid the liquor store to get some different beers to try out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, Fabbri, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  5. #35
    Location
    Chicago
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

    I have kayak fished more this year than the rest of my years put together. Some is due to discovering a lake down the street to fish and another reason is due to my boat trailer needing a repair and it is taking a while to get the part. I have learned how to use an anchor trolley and it is an absolute game changer. Getting pushed around in the wind while fishing was my biggest complaint but now that I learned how to anchor and position my kayak it much more enjoyable.

    I have also started doing long walks. I started jogging when the shelter-in-place started but I just don't enjoy it anymore. Maybe it is getting older but I don't enjoy it and look forward to it like I did in my 30s. But going for 5 mile walks and listening to podcasts is very enjoyable and doesn't even feel like exercise. I have also done some hikes and I am going to add that to my list of hobbies especially during the winter. Been riding my road bike more and more lately. It is so hot that walks are miserable but on the bike you get a constant flow of air.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- Keller, Trocheck, Schmaltz, Toews, Turris, Krejci, Little, Galyenchuk, Coyle
    RW- Simmonds, Stone, Vorachek, Toffoli, Wilson, Kaspanen
    LW- Skinner, Tatar, Johansson, Roussel, Hartman,
    D- Ristolainen, Barrie, Doughty, Hughes, Heiskanen, Fox, Niskanen, Spurgeon, McNabb
    G- Andersen, Demko, Shesterkin, Khahkonen, Crawford, Blackwood

    Notable Prospects-JHughes, Zegras, Podskovin, Newhook, Broberg, Glass, Bokk, Wahlstrom, Dorofeyev, Rob Thomas, Blatherson, Elvenes, LBrown, Valimaki, Berggren, Bemstrom

  6. #36
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I have kayak fished more this year than the rest of my years put together. Some is due to discovering a lake down the street to fish and another reason is due to my boat trailer needing a repair and it is taking a while to get the part. I have learned how to use an anchor trolley and it is an absolute game changer. Getting pushed around in the wind while fishing was my biggest complaint but now that I learned how to anchor and position my kayak it much more enjoyable.

    I have also started doing long walks. I started jogging when the shelter-in-place started but I just don't enjoy it anymore. Maybe it is getting older but I don't enjoy it and look forward to it like I did in my 30s. But going for 5 mile walks and listening to podcasts is very enjoyable and doesn't even feel like exercise. I have also done some hikes and I am going to add that to my list of hobbies especially during the winter. Been riding my road bike more and more lately. It is so hot that walks are miserable but on the bike you get a constant flow of air.
    I downloaded the mapmywalk app; I've walked 102km in the last 20 days. (A friend challenged me to walk 100km in 30 days). The app is free and pretty good, if you can get past all the advertising.

  7. #37
    Location
    Chicago
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Has anyone picked up any new hobbies since the covid crisis started?

    Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I downloaded the mapmywalk app; I've walked 102km in the last 20 days. (A friend challenged me to walk 100km in 30 days). The app is free and pretty good, if you can get past all the advertising.
    Thanks for the tip. I have been using Strava for a long time. It was better before they removed features unless you paid for it. ($4 a month)
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- Keller, Trocheck, Schmaltz, Toews, Turris, Krejci, Little, Galyenchuk, Coyle
    RW- Simmonds, Stone, Vorachek, Toffoli, Wilson, Kaspanen
    LW- Skinner, Tatar, Johansson, Roussel, Hartman,
    D- Ristolainen, Barrie, Doughty, Hughes, Heiskanen, Fox, Niskanen, Spurgeon, McNabb
    G- Andersen, Demko, Shesterkin, Khahkonen, Crawford, Blackwood

    Notable Prospects-JHughes, Zegras, Podskovin, Newhook, Broberg, Glass, Bokk, Wahlstrom, Dorofeyev, Rob Thomas, Blatherson, Elvenes, LBrown, Valimaki, Berggren, Bemstrom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •