Thread: Pionk stud?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Pionk stud?

I am looking into a trade that will give me the following keepers:

Pasta, Mack, Kucherov, Zibby, Carlson, Shesterkin or Lehner, and the final spot between Makar and Pionk. I want to say Makar easy choice, but are my settings better suited for Pionk?

Pionk was the 6th ranked dman this season (71 games) and largely due to his taking over PP1 and multicat nature (hits/blks/PIM). Any competition other than Morrissey?

Makar was the 14th ranked dman this season (57 games). He lacks in those periphs, but with a full season and after his chest hair starts to grow, I am wondering if he can put up 75+ points from the D spot on that Avs team. But what about Byram competition?

Any help on this, please bring it!

Thank you and stay safe everyone (my first new thread in a while - guess I'm starting to think hockey again!)
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

The Great One

Default Re: Pionk stud?

Personally I keep Makar.

Our of curiosity, what is the trade?

If you are dropping the likes of Rantanan, P. Kane, Tkahcuk, etc., I think my trading focus would be on improving your goalie.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Personally I keep Makar.

Our of curiosity, what is the trade?

If you are dropping the likes of Rantanan, P. Kane, Tkahcuk, etc., I think my trading focus would be on improving your goalie.
    Trade offer is Rantanen, Kane, Markstrom and my 11th round pick for Kucherov and his 3rd round pick (which used to be mine)... he is in need of a keeper goalie (his best currently is either Stalock or Dubnyk)... he also has nothing in the forward department except for Kuch, Bergeron and Couturier. If someone gets hurt in the playoffs, I have Tkachuk as an insurance policy.

I don't take much stock in the goalie position anymore. With the NHL's move to tandems over the past several years, this position is a crap shoot I am tired of. Whatever goalie I have will shat the bed every season. I figure to wait to declare my keeper until last moment possible in hopes to get some clarity on Shesty, Lehner, Samsonov and Holtby. Short of getting Helley and Vasi - I just don't see the point.
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That's interesting. You do have a keeper problem; the good kind with too many keeper options.

With only 4 spots to keep from these 5 guys (MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Pastrnak, Rantanen, P. Kane) a deal is needed. I'd prefer to get a more elite non-forward in return for one of your forwards, plus a positional sendback ( send a G for a G upgrade, or a D for a D upgrade) but that may not be out there.

I think it's a reasonably good solution to your issue.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think you guys are right abut the need for a goalie upgrade, but it isn't a clear or readily available option and regarding the D, only Josi, Hedman, and Hamilton really upgrade Makar and Pionk (assuming his season wasn't a fluke - Gustafsson fooled me last year).

Would any of these Goalies upgrade Lehner (if moved to a contender as uncontested #1G) or Shesterkin if Lundy or Georgiev are moved?

Saros,
    Gibson,
    Blackwood,
    Jarry,
    Murray,
    Kuemper,
    Raanta,
    Varlamov,
    Crawford,
    Mrazek,
    Quick,
    Rask.

Rask and Saros are the only ones it might be worth - but is that really true? Condensed schedule next season means even more tandem play.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Makar is what he is but I'm a bit skeptical of Pionk, and I have him in one league in sig, and tried for him in my multi-cat league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.