Thread: Hischier v. '22 1st

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Hischier v. '22 1st

Dynasty keeper league, I have the potential option to deal Hischier away for a team's 2022 1st round pick. Bit of a classic one-in-hand vs. two-in-the-bush scenario, but the strength of the '22 draft class has me enticed.

This team finished last this past year by a significant margin and is just at the start of a rebuild process (.180 Win% this year, 11th place was .340....). They have some good assets in Dalhin, Ehlers, Glass, Samsonov, Sorokin, Frost, but the rest are a collection of other b-prospects. So while two years is a ways off, there is a good chance this is a team still at the bottom of the standings in '22. This gambit has worked for me in the past, I dealt Glass off for his '19 1st a couple years ago and thats going to land me Lafrienere.

For my sake, I'd say I'm in the later stages of a rebuild. Fell just short of our playoffs this past year mostly because my goaltending is still a mess. I have Eichel + a good group of young wingers in Svech, Forsberg, Tarasenko, Meier, Reinhart, DeBrincat, Kakko, & Lafrienere + one of Rossi/Raymond/Peferetti coming this year now to give you a sense of where I'm at.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hischier v. '22 1st

I'd keep Hischier.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I too would keep what you have. You said it yourself, you have a mittfull of young soon to
    Be very high level skaters. You should focus on strengthening what you have. Improve your tenders as you said that was a need. I’d avoid trying to catch like lightning in a bottle twice with the same guy. There is such a thing as karma!

Dobber Sports Deity

If you keep turning over young assets for picks, you'll never build a winning team. All you'll ever be doing is rebuilding. Last time I checked, you need players to win, not picks.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

That's a terrible idea. Keep Hischier.

"the '22 draft class has me enticed". What are you talking about? You really like how these 15 year olds are looking and you think that is going to be a great year to be drafting first overall. Which guy do you like the most, Sean Day?!!!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

As an accountant I say you have to consider the time value of your investment.

You have a 100 bucks in your wallet... you can put it into an account and earn interest of buy yourself something and enjoy it for two years... or you could give it to your buddy, let him invest it or buy something with it and enjoy it for two years. Your friend promises to give you rotating self-performing appliance that bakes cakes and ices them right in the oven... however... this appliance may or may not actually work when you get it in 2022.

What is the value of having Hischier for the next two year?>

If he picks it up a gear or two (alongside Hughes) then there is definitive upside. You build around him as part of your core group.

If he doesn't then your team might not fair well and you still get a first round pick in the 2022 draft.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

that pick will most likely be in NHL in 4-5 years from now. IMO its more likely your league folds before that time than you getting much better player than Hischier with that pick
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I value it this way:

Hischier
    That self-baking/icing rotating appliance, if the guy has the chops to pull it off.
    A unknown 1st in '22
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.