Thread: Keep 6 - who ya got?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keep 6 - who ya got?

Hello All,

I’m in a Keep 6 (5 players and one goalie or 6 players) that counts goals, assists, points, PIMs, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, hits, blocks, goalie wins, GAA, Sv%, shutouts.

Which 6 would you keep from my team?

Pageau
    Malkin
    Larkin
    Forsberg
    Lee
    Schwartz
    DeBrincat
    A. Svechnikov
    Pastrnak
    Kuznetsov
    Trocheck
    RNH
    Hall
    Rakell
    Palmieri
    Boeser
    Stone

Klingberg
    Slavin
    Chabot
    Werenski
    Pietrangelo
    DeAngelo
    Sergachev

Hart
    Bishop

Thanks!
    Goals, assists, points, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, hits, blocks, goalie wins, GAA, Sv%, shutouts.

8 teams - Keep 6 in bold (including maximum of 1 goalie).

Kaprizov, Rantanen, Svechnikov, Larkin, Hischier, Horvat, Batherson, Trocheck, Reinhart, Marchessault, Buchnevich, Tarasenko, Boeser, Meier, Tolvanen, Lafreniere, Barbashev, Teravainen.

Heiskanen, Theodore, Chabot, Chychrun, Sanheim, Weegar, Burns, Sergachev (IR).

Saros, Skinner.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Keep 6 - who ya got?

Pageau
    Malkin
    Larkin
    Forsberg
    Lee
    Schwartz
    DeBrincat
    A. Svechnikov
    Pastrnak
    Kuznetsov
    Trocheck
    RNH
    Hall
    Rakell
    Palmieri
    Boeser
    Stone

Klingberg
    Slavin
    Chabot
    Werenski
    Pietrangelo
    DeAngelo
    Sergachev

Hart
    Bishop
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

Hart - then Pasta, Svech, Kuznetsov, Larkin, and maybe DeAngelo ( vs. RNH? )

others will have different opinions, that’s what makes fantasy great.

It would help to know how many teams, and where you are in draft order, but honestly I would think you’d look at others’ “drops” unless you had first overall.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Pageau
    Malkin
    Larkin
    Forsberg
    Lee
    Schwartz
    DeBrincat
    A. Svechnikov
    Pastrnak

Kuznetsov
    Trocheck
    RNH
    Hall
    Rakell
    Palmieri
    Boeser
    Stone

Klingberg
    Slavin
    Chabot
    Werenski
    Pietrangelo
    DeAngelo
    Sergachev

Hart
    Bishop

Some tough cuts for sure. Pageau actually ranks very well in this format but I dont think he puts up the same numbers in Long Island like he did in Ottawa during his contract year. I struggled between the goalies too. Bishop is the clear winner today, being a perennial Vezina candidate but he's also 33 years old, coming up on 34 in November. Keeping Hart should solidify your goaltending for years. I didnt keep any D, but that's normal for me in limited keepers, especially multi-cat ones. They have to be pretty special D before I'd keep them and that limits my number of possible keeper D down to a rare few. You can get great valued D in the re-draft who fit this format. Should be lots of hitter/blockers in there to help you. You have some good D, but nothing I'd keep over the forwards. The only one I really considered was Pietrangelo. Im sure a few will say "Mark Stone??" but he lines up well in this format in my eyes. My last keeper was really down to Stone, RNH or Pieterangelo, but I do like Stone a hair more.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Pageau
    Malkin
    Larkin
    Forsberg
    Lee
    Schwartz
    DeBrincat
    A. Svechnikov
    Pastrnak

Kuznetsov
    Trocheck
    RNH
    Hall
    Rakell
    Palmieri
    Boeser
    Stone

Klingberg
    Slavin
    Chabot
    Werenski
    Pietrangelo
    DeAngelo
    Sergachev

Hart
    Bishop

Some tough cuts for sure. Pageau actually ranks very well in this format but I dont think he puts up the same numbers in Long Island like he did in Ottawa during his contract year. I struggled between the goalies too. Bishop is the clear winner today, being a perennial Vezina candidate but he's also 33 years old, coming up on 34 in November. Keeping Hart should solidify your goaltending for years. I didnt keep any D, but that's normal for me in limited keepers, especially multi-cat ones. They have to be pretty special D before I'd keep them and that limits my number of possible keeper D down to a rare few. You can get great valued D in the re-draft who fit this format. Should be lots of hitter/blockers in there to help you. You have some good D, but nothing I'd keep over the forwards. The only one I really considered was Pietrangelo. Im sure a few will say "Mark Stone??" but he lines up well in this format in my eyes. My last keeper was really down to Stone, RNH or Pieterangelo, but I do like Stone a hair more.
    I have the same set of keepers as Axe with more of a gap between Stone and anyone else for the 6th spot.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I have the same set of keepers as Axe with more of a gap between Stone and anyone else for the 6th spot.
    LOL! And here I was thinking most would find Stone to be an odd-ball pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! And here I was thinking most would find Stone to be an odd-ball pick.
    Nah, you're not that crazy
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

You have 3 dmen I would give consideration too; Pietro, Werenski, and DeAngelo. In that order.

Malkin is still a keeper(maybe 2 more seasons)
    Pastrnak
    Svechnikov
    Larkin
    RNH(this was between the 3 dmen mentioned above, Stone and RNH)

Hart (Bishop might be better next year, but not by much; Dallas is in rough shape) Hart will help look that position in for several years.