Thread: Your fantasy hockey website?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Your fantasy hockey website?

Hey everyone,

I was just curious who all has a fantasy hockey website where they keep records, and track of different things about their league(s)? I would love to see whats out there. So, its that simple share your URL for your site for your fantasy hockey league(s)!

Please move if this isn't an appropriate spot to post this... Looking through the forums there wasn't really a "correct" spot.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Big Daddy

Default Re: Your fantasy hockey website?

I just use the Dobber sub-forum “Your League Chat”. I just announcements, trades and discussion. It’s all you really need. https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ial-Cup-(PQMC)

For more involved leagues, like my salary cap dynasty, Proboards is used.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Sophomore

We use Google Drive. The commish creates the document/spreadsheet then shares access to it to all league members. The league members can be given different levels of authority (read only or edit for example)

Shocked I didnt garner more responses. I actually spent a boat load of time and created webpages for my 3 leagues I run. Always looking to improve them I was curious what others have done... in my many years of fantasy hockey I have come across a few others who have made websites, which I always think are cool and fun to check out.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)

Main Roster

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
    Shocked I didnt garner more responses. I actually spent a boat load of time and created webpages for my 3 leagues I run. Always looking to improve them I was curious what others have done... in my many years of fantasy hockey I have come across a few others who have made websites, which I always think are cool and fun to check out.
    Yes sorry I couldn't help you out. We just use the fantrax League home page.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes sorry I couldn't help you out. We just use the fantrax League home page.
    No worries. I know I have stumbled across a few league websites others have made over the years... usually come across them when browsing through league classifieds. Just thought it would be cool if others saw this post and shared theres. I spent a boat load of time last summer making mine (which are now easily updatable with not much effort). We do use the Fantrax pages too but one of my leagues has been around for 14 years, so its cool to have everything all contained in a single site instead of 14 Fantrax pages.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster

Dobber Sports Icon

Our league is www.thewehl.com. We have been around for 20 years and our website is starting to show its age. We are currently looking into redoing the entire site. The problem is that our website currently "works" but its written in a language that very few people use anymore. It makes adding features or making changes quite difficult.

We are contemplating hiring someone to redo the website for us but are not sure if that's financially viable since we have no idea what that might cost. Money likely isn't an issue as most of us have been in the league for 15+ years and people's finances change alot over that time!!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

We used to have a website, and currently have a FB group, but we're trying to get stuff more together again.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Our league is www.thewehl.com. We have been around for 20 years and our website is starting to show its age. We are currently looking into redoing the entire site. The problem is that our website currently "works" but its written in a language that very few people use anymore. It makes adding features or making changes quite difficult.

We are contemplating hiring someone to redo the website for us but are not sure if that's financially viable since we have no idea what that might cost. Money likely isn't an issue as most of us have been in the league for 15+ years and people's finances change alot over that time!!!
    I commish three leagues and one is going into season 15, so I hear you on that. However I did our league pages just this past summer was a lot of work initially as I created them a few yeas ago but upped the quality and visuals last year but here on out its once a year maintain and isn't bad. Just checked out your page... you got a lot of info there. Curious how some of those statistics are entered and what not... manually or?
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    We used to have a website, and currently have a FB group, but we're trying to get stuff more together again.
    Facebook group is cool... some of the guys in my leagues are older (and some not actually), and dont do the whole social media thing. We mainly use Fantrax chat to talk and what not but the websites I have are for records and documentation purposes. Its cool browsing histories of other people's leagues
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster

The Great One

google sheets for our website/record tracking

Google sheets is a good option. I used Wix for my sites, but did not pay for a domain but it does the job and I think everything came out very well. (I spent enough time on it, lol)
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
    I commish three leagues and one is going into season 15, so I hear you on that. However I did our league pages just this past summer was a lot of work initially as I created them a few yeas ago but upped the quality and visuals last year but here on out its once a year maintain and isn't bad. Just checked out your page... you got a lot of info there. Curious how some of those statistics are entered and what not... manually or?
    Our league is a simulation league so most of the data on the website is automatically updated from the simulator. Well, actually, a database behind the scenes is updated from the simulator and the website's programming converts that data to what you see on the site. This is our biggest problem as the website was originally made 20 years ago and has been updated as needed. The site was originally done in a language that is seldom used anymore which makes updating it or adding new features quite an involved process. We are looking to re-write the entire website in a more common language to make it easier to improve. Our IT guy does not have the time to do that so we are looking to outsource but aren't really sure where to go to find someone to do it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Our league is a simulation league so most of the data on the website is automatically updated from the simulator. Well, actually, a database behind the scenes is updated from the simulator and the website's programming converts that data to what you see on the site. This is our biggest problem as the website was originally made 20 years ago and has been updated as needed. The site was originally done in a language that is seldom used anymore which makes updating it or adding new features quite an involved process. We are looking to re-write the entire website in a more common language to make it easier to improve. Our IT guy does not have the time to do that so we are looking to outsource but aren't really sure where to go to find someone to do it for us.
    Ah ok that makes sense being a simulation league. I would love to have all our data and stats built into our site but thats beyond my knowledge to have that done automatically. Its all manual entry right now, so unless I can somehow figure that out, I wont ever being do that as it would be an insane amount of work. My guess is it will take some research and browsing around to see who would be willing to redo that all for you!
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster