Thread: 2020 Prospects Guide

Dobber Sports Pro

Default 2020 Prospects Guide

There has been several mentions of the Prospects Guide coming out on June 14, but I can't seem to locate the link to purchase the guide or to the various packages. Can someone please let me know where to find this material?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2020 Prospects Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    There has been several mentions of the Prospects Guide coming out on June 14, but I can't seem to locate the link to purchase the guide or to the various packages. Can someone please let me know where to find this material?
    https://dobbersports.com/product/dob...spects-report/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Thanks PH! I don't know why I had such trouble locating that.

Dobber Sports Icon

Once again the Prospects Report blows my mind. It's an unbelievable resource that I will use for the next 4 or 5 years just like all the other ones I still have on my computer. It's amazing how many times that I refer back to all of these issues when I am having trade talks in my dynasty league.

Is this a good place to post errors in the guide that we noticed?

Tyler Madden is listed as Vancouver's best forward and points only prospect.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Once again the Prospects Report blows my mind. It's an unbelievable resource that I will use for the next 4 or 5 years just like all the other ones I still have on my computer. It's amazing how many times that I refer back to all of these issues when I am having trade talks in my dynasty league.

Is this a good place to post errors in the guide that we noticed?

Tyler Madden is listed as Vancouver's best forward and points only prospect.
    Thanks!
    And this is as good a place as any, thank you. That's last year's section for VAN, we'll need to put this year's in. I have a feeling there will be a couple of those types of mistakes
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

i sent a tweet to the Dobber prospects team about a typo on page 226, under Centers - Fantasy, there is no number 10. they just repeat number 1 in its place which is Quintin Byfield.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Sage

I didn't know it was released yesterday. This just made my day!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks as well for this great resource! One slip that I found in my copy was that the detailed reports of the LA Gs (e.g. Petersen) are missing.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    i sent a tweet to the Dobber prospects team about a typo on page 226, under Centers - Fantasy, there is no number 10. they just repeat number 1 in its place which is Quintin Byfield.
    Thank you - will fix for next update

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Thanks as well for this great resource! One slip that I found in my copy was that the detailed reports of the LA Gs (e.g. Petersen) are missing.
    There weren't any goalies profiled, the Kings section was full! Peterson is an NHLer
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There weren't any goalies profiled, the Kings section was full! Peterson is an NHLer
    Sorry, my bad then I assumed you forgot Petersen because he was listed in LA's "At a glance" box as the goalie with most fantasy upside, which automatically made me think he has to be found below too then.
    Last edited by Axeman33; June 23, 2020 at 6:53 AM.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Zaitsev, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

One small complaint I have is that all the prospects profiled have their rank #, well like for forwards there is no 5th forward and a few others missing as well. Also I would love to see a prospect ranking of guys that have played some NHL games with the guys that haven't and 2020 eligibles all in one list. Buuuttt I guess you release those regularly.

Anyways as soon as the report was put up for sale I bought it, I love it, best fantasy tool in the biz
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Wizard

In case you've missed it, over the last two updates, we've added a couple of really interesting things to the guide in the 2020 NHL Draft section. "Top-10 Most NHL-Ready" is one that should interest fantasy owners greatly. And then there's also a Fantasy Hockey Top 107 - it's a consensus ranking that Cam and I put together but you can also see each of our individual rankings. Even though we agree on most players and where they should be ranked, there are some interesting differences as well.

You can also get Cam's updated top 62 real life ranking from there now, so there's lots of cool stuff for the 2020 draft.

If there are any ideas what should be added about 2021 draftees next year, please let us know and we'll try to do those things if we can. Highlighting guys who can provide above average numbers in SOG and hits is already one idea we're trying to add next year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Can I make a suggestion for future prospect guides here?

I would find it very helpful to see a players draft year and when they were drafted mentioned somewhere in their profile.

Thats all.

Thanks.