Thread: Keeper Thoughts and draft picks.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keeper Thoughts and draft picks.

Team is
    F: B. Point, S. Stamkos, J. Marchessault, J. Hughes, L. Couture, A Svech, A Debrincat, M. necas, R. Nugent-Hopkins, D. kubaliak, V Tarasenko, B Gallagher.

D: D Nurse, R pulock, R Ellis, Q Hughes, OEL.

G: Ilya Samsonov, S Bobrovsky, I shesterkin, M. Smith.

h2h Yahoo league. 10 team league. Keep 14 (1 c,1lw,1rw) 2d,1g and 8 others.
    Stats: g,a,+/-,pp pts, sog, hits, w, gaa, Shots against, sv%, S/o.

I finished dead last. Got 1st pick in draft and I shipped Lindholm for a late round 1st (7th overall).

2 questions

1) keepers.
    So far I'm keeping point, Svech, stamkos, q Hughes, pulock, shesterkin. For my 8 extras I'm thinking marchessault, Debrincat, Tarasenko, Bobrovsky, Samsonov.

So for final 3 spots it's down to
    J. Hughes ( is he a modern day Alexandre Daigle? Or the real deal?)
    L. Couture ( good player on sinking team?)
    D. Kubaliak ( possible ROY? )
    Nuge ( seemed to have resurgence this year?)
    Gallagher ???? See Couture comments.

2) how good is this year's rookie crop. I've got 1st overall pick. Gonna be lafreniere. But I've also got 7th overall pick. In our draft it's everyone available. Are any other rookies looking like they can step in and actually produce unlike Hughes and kakko did. Or do I see about Ilya Sorkin or Kiril kaprizov.?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Keeper Thoughts and draft picks.

I’ll bet Kaprizov is gone by #7. But this year’s draft is deep with quality guys. Depends who’s out there - I personally like Alexander Holtz - but only 10 teams, keep 14, you’re going to find value in current players, too. Like J. Hughes, if you drop him. My 3 last keeps would be Gallagher (his team has been offensively weak for 3 years, yet he produces), RNH (best linemates you could ask for, and resurgence is real), and either Kubalik or Couture - then be ruthless and have zero loyalty when it comes to picks 7 (and 11, I hope?). Take the best multicat - you need shots and hits (also why I left JH out). I don’t know your league, but some top teams may have dropped players better than you’re doing.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

First off, while this years draft class looks really good at the top end, I am not sure how many will be productive for a couple years. Even the assumptive 2nd overall pick (Byfield) is widely expected to return to Jr next year but no one really knows how he will perform once he gets drafted and shows his stuff in his first pro camp. Same for anyone else drafted after him. Kaprizov should be NHL ready next year, but many expected Eeli Tolvanen to come in and do wonderful things coming out of the KHL too, and we all know how well that's worked out so far. No, I am not saying they are the same player but I am saying to keep expectations in check and these things can happen. We just dont know. That being said, if you can land Kaprizov at 7th overall, don't hesitate.

For your final three keepers, I'd go with RNH, Kubalik and Jack Hughes. You cant give up on Hughes because he didn't dominate in his rookie year. To be honest, I'd be half tempted to say Martin Necas over Bobrovsky and look to redraft Bobrovsky.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I am with Axeman on Necas over Bob, if he can get top six and at least PP2 consistently he is gonna pop off, that boy is gouda. Gallagher, Hughes, Couture are my three. Hughes needs time, that is the first person ever to graduate directly from the USDP, not even Kane or Kessel did that. I would also strongly consider Ellis over Pulock, who has been far and away better over the past few years.

Dobber Sports Ace

Agree with above (Necas over Bob, definitely keep Hughes). I'm indifferent about Pulock vs. Ellis. We know that Josi has PP1 locked down in Nashville, so Pulock possibly offers greater upside. But, I mean, how long have we been waiting on him to get the PP1 spot that his ridiculous cannon deserves?!