Thread: Fabbri or Kahun?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Fabbri or Kahun?

Need to drop one of them. Who gets the pink slip. Not the team in sig but same scoring stats. This is for a team that is in the last year of a rebuild.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Fabbri or Kahun?

I'd keep Fabbri between these two. He offers similar scoring but much better in the peripherals.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

With your setup I Like Fabbri. If he can beat the injury bug, he’ll tick more boxes for you IMO.

Dobber Sports Stud

I’m sorry you’re down to Fabbri and Kahun ! Scan the waiver wire and see if you can do better than either. Chandler Stephenson? Josh Archibald? Defense, Nick Hague? These guys will at least contribute cats beyond scoring.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I’m sorry you’re down to Fabbri and Kahun ! Scan the waiver wire and see if you can do better than either. Chandler Stephenson? Josh Archibald? Defense, Nick Hague? These guys will at least contribute cats beyond scoring.
    Chandler Stephenson? The only category in this setup that he bettered Fabbri was blocks last year.
    Josh Archibald? The only categories in this setup he bettered Fabbri was hits and blocks last year.

I like Nic Hague's upside but if I am choosing between a similar forward and a similar D, I'd take the Forward 9 out of 10 times.

Fabbri ended up with 75 hits last year, which is pretty damn impressive considering he really only played any meaningful minutes once he got to Detroit.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I chose those two forward examples, because like Fabbri and Kahun, they have both been traded to new teams. Sure, Archibald might be a fourth line nothing, but I would not be surprised to see him in the top nine, and Stevenson potentially third line Vegas, alongside Alex Tuch. Using last year‘s statistics to judge these guys, it’s like using St. Louis Blues statistics to judge Fabbri. His risk/benefit ratio hasn’t panned out, ever. Did you like Philip Tomasino better?

My actual point was to scan who’s available. The two he listed are far from superstars, marginally fantasy players at all.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    I chose those two forward examples, because like Fabbri and Kahun, they have both been traded to new teams. Sure, Archibald might be a fourth line nothing, but I would not be surprised to see him in the top nine, and Stevenson potentially third line Vegas, alongside Alex Tuch. Using last year‘s statistics to judge these guys, it’s like using St. Louis Blues statistics to judge Fabbri. His risk/benefit ratio hasn’t panned out, ever. Did you like Philip Tomasino better?

My actual point was to scan who’s available. The two he listed are far from superstars, marginally fantasy players at all.
    He needs to drop one. Not pick up others.

Dobber Sports Superstar

While it was a bit painful, I parted company with Kahun. Fabbri is the better own across a number of scoring cats and I'm just cheering hard that Fabbri can put that injury plagued start behind him and turn into the player, or close to the player that many thought he could be. We'll see. Thanks for everyone's input.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Fabbri