Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Holtby: on the move or not?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Holtby: on the move or not?

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    What about EDM as an option? They seem to seek a goalie since Ranford....
    Unless they can find a way to get out of Koskinens contract, I don't see Edmonton as an option.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Unless they can find a way to get out of Koskinens contract, I don't see Edmonton as an option.
    There could be some sort of swap where Washington takes Koskinen as a backup, but I agree that's more of a reach. Best bet is some kind of 3 way deal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ya I think for Edmonton to be a possibility Holtby would have to take a pretty big haircut form his 6 million this year. But if he was willing to take a deal similar to Koskinen's or maybe a bit less, they may be able to squeeze him in with Smith and Green coming off the books. With the emergence of some young dmen they could potentially move out a veteran dman (Larsson) to make some room. Holtby being a prairie boy there could be a potential willingness on both sides.

Dobber Sports Star

Holtby would have to take a pretty significant paycut to stay in Washington. The expansion draft gymnastics is a factor but not as important as the salary cap issues they currently have with a cap unlikely to go up the next few years.

Washington would have the leverage in this scenario so they could probably get him down to say 2 years / 3 million per year if he wants to stay. Few outright starter jobs available and most/all contenders are up against the cap already anyways.

The 1A/1B setup is becoming the norm so if Holtby wants too much money i dont see Washington having a major issue finding someone else to fill the 1B role with Samsonov taking say 60% of the starts.

I wont venture a guess where Holtby could go. I could see him go anywhere from being a starter for a different contending team all the way to pride/stubbornness causing him to not be signed at all.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah it's a tough situation for free agent goalies right now.
    There's a good crop of them (Lehner, Markstrom, Holtby) and the shorten off-season will probably hasten a lot of decisions.
    On paper, Calgary and Edmonton are good landing spots if these teams can make the money work.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.